Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A shitty night just went from bad to worse....call myself being nice and helping a fellow soldier who was down on his luck get back home, after DDing some guys who wanted to go out and in the process I damage my BRAND NEW F****** CAR!

I hit a high parking lot entrance doing like 10 mph, scraping the lower part of my front bumper, and kinda of jolted the car a bit...not anything serious just kind of like hitting a speed bump a little to fast. Long story short...the car make no power and I don't know why. That and I slipped on some ice and fell down some stairs...pretty shitty night. I'm taking the car in to the dealership tomorrow. I swear if they tell me I have to pay out my ass to get it fixed I'm going to flip shit...

·
Registered
757 Posts
dang sorry to hear about your car, i hope it gets fixed without bein too expensive
and im glad you didnt get hurt too badly from falling down the stairs

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cause I barely hit the damn thing. Like I said, I hit it no harder than going over a speed bump a little to fast. Fast enough to feel it, but not enough to do any real damage...

Oh yeah, now it won't idle. Starts up and then dies.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Cause I barely hit the damn thing. Like I said, I hit it no harder than going over a speed bump a little to fast. Fast enough to feel it, but not enough to do any real damage...

Oh yeah, now it won't idle. Starts up and then dies.
Seems really odd for it to act like that. It won't be an expensive fix unless you've irreparably damaged the intercooler, which, unless you've ripped the bumper off, I doubt you have.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
You cracked your interfooler. Hopfully they replace otherwise do not buy plastic OEM again, go with crazy steves. its a hell of alot cheaper too

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You cracked your interfooler. Hopfully they replace otherwise do not buy plastic OEM again, go with crazy steves. its a hell of alot cheaper too
That was exactly the case. $900 for parts and labor.

Well this is a lesson learned. A very expensive one at that.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
That was exactly the case. $900 for parts and labor.

Well this is a lesson learned. A very expensive one at that.
Ouch! I would have just gotten an aftermarket for that price. It takes an hour to put it on yourselft and it's cheaper! Let me guess, you cracked the end tanks, or your water catch at the bottom? See that WAY too often. What dealer did you take it to? Reed/Lalier?

Crazy Steve's intercooler has 2 MAIN flaws. 1. It's too big for the stock K04 and people are noticing more boost loss because of it. 2. It's not a good fitting direct bolt on. You have to modify stuff to get it to fit and then it usually doesn't fit the CP's. If you go with an aftermarket IC, go with Dejon (highly recommended), Synapse, or Hahn. All are quality and take little to no modification to get them to fit. My Dejon was a direct bolt on and fit perfectly the first time.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeah that pretty much sucks...
Good luck getting that fixed
Hopefully you won't have to pay much

·
Registered
821 Posts
thread jackin..... Just walked around the wahiawa botanical garden, and when I came outside a young couple were exiting their car and getting ready to step off. So I walk to my driver door and whadaya know.... This crummy toy prius is resting it's open door jam into my driver door paint job..... The lady said "sorry" for inconveniencing me having her door in the way of me getting in my car without realizing she even scratched my shit.... I said "thanks, I like having your car paint smashed and scratched into mine.... Then called her a stupid B**** and drove away..... Minor scratches after a closer look... I doubt it's more than my 500 deductible... FML

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.