Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Dorman key fob programmer to get new fobs. 2 original fobs have been soldered multiple times and are now junk. Seeing online sometimes it works other times not. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I’ve used the Dorman kit for my G5. The dorman fob is junk and i started getting a “fob battery low” message which is a very common complaint with the dorman kit.

HOWEVER! The dorman kit is great for programming OEM fobs. That’s what I ended up doing, i bought the OEM fobs online and used the Dorman programmer and haven’t had any issues. Make sure you get all the fobs and program them at the same time, the dorman kit only works for 3 program sessions and then it permanently deactivates itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The problem may be in the FOBs rubber buttons. Both my FOBs failed except for the horn. Bought new FOBs on-line and swapped just the circuit boards (leave the rubber button pad). All functions now work with the original circuit boards. The rubber buttons conductivity wear out. Also swap the batteries while swapping boards. Avoided dealership programming costs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts