Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my fog lamps in today and went to test em out on the stock harness I put the oem switch in also. So I pluged em in the stock harness and turned the car on and hit the switch and nothing happened I changed the fused but the old fuse was fine no fuse blew. And I hear a clicking sound when I hit the switch to try to turn em on but nothing happens and the bulbs are not busted so idk whats wrong...guess il have to wire my own harness into them with out wiring them to the stock harness. Any one know where to get a h11 harness with a switch from?

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

I know the stock connectors dont look like they fully plug in either had to kinda force it in maybe I need different connectors??

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
So guess I have to go to the dealer?
Provided you have all wiring in place and grounded, yes, you'll have to have someone with a tech 2 enable them in your bcm.

I just installed factory fogs in my 05 LS. Once I had the programming done, everything worked as it should. I didn't hear any click noise before my programming though. I'd hit the switch and nothing would happen.

The thread Coby linked you to has all the bcm and other useful info in there.

Keep us posted and good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yea cause I seen the price for the tech 2 surprisely I guess il go to the dealers
I would take along the instructions from that thread to the dealer. That way if they don't know how or try to tell you they need to buy a "light package" or some shit, you can refer them to the instructions. It's an easy job and really requires only minutes to do.

My local dealer tried the "light package" thing. I knew it was bull. I got lucky and had a friend who had access to a tech 2.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dam wish I did

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Well I called the dealer and there were like what making me sound like im crazy about saying soming about enabling the fog lamps in bcm telling me I would need a new bcm.. and shit

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I told them about the fourm thread and all that ..

·
Registered
589 Posts
Dam wish I did

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Well I called the dealer and there were like what making me sound like im crazy about saying soming about enabling the fog lamps in bcm telling me I would need a new bcm.. and shit

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I told them about the fourm thread and all that ..
I just asked my friends about a tech 2 on Facebook. Turns out 2 people had access to one. I'd try that.

My dealer tried telling me I'd need a new bcm too. If you had the switch wiring, wiring through your bcm and into your underhood fuse block, relay and fuse installed from the factory, all you need is the switch, under hood light wire harness, fog lamps and a bcm program. Your dealer is just trying to scam you. Call another dealer and/or take your laptop with you and show them the photos in that thread. Ask them to just try it. They may learn something :)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Doubt it!!

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have u tryed?

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

I just asked my friends about a tech 2 on Facebook. Turns out 2 people had access to one. I'd try that.

My dealer tried telling me I'd need a new bcm too. If you had the switch wiring, wiring through your bcm and into your underhood fuse block, relay and fuse installed from the factory, all you need is the switch, under hood light wire harness, fog lamps and a bcm program. Your dealer is just trying to scam you. Call another dealer and/or take your laptop with you and show them the photos in that thread. Ask them to just try it. They may learn something :)

Try what? Ask people on face book

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sometimes highend locksmiths have TechII to program FOBs for GMs.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
craigslist

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

What about pepboys?

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Why did I hear a clicking sound when my car was on coming from the fuse box when I hit the fog light switch and my fog lamps were pluged in? I thought if they wernt enable in the tech 2 the relay wouldnt click?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.