Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok since no one understands let me edit this post... i would appreciate it if you have aftermarket fogsss.... please post a pic of them so i can get some ideas of where to put them. especially if you have meshed your lower grills and put them in the lower sides or even middle lower. thnx :)

so those with aftermarket fogs on lt trims mainly and even ls. where did you mount them?

·
Registered
97 Posts
i remember there was a thread about this earlier.. some guy used the two bolts under the front lip that are pre-existing. Said it held up well and looked alright, cept i didnt like how close together they were. try looking at some older threads..

·
Registered
869 Posts
Depends how much you trust yourself cutting into your bumper. Theres alot of ways you could do it.

By the way progress, give up on people using the Search utility, it won't happen lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have mine behind the billet grilles on the bottom i'll post some closer pics tomorrow if you want..they are a 20 dollar set of fogs from walmart and i put hid's in them

One of the grille you can't really tell theres fogs (how i wanted it)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Zip ties lol...i got them off ebay but you can only get them brushed so i had to have my buddy polish them out for me

·
Registered
25 Posts
what did you mount the fog light bracket to?

gre23a added 5 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

i actually bought the oem fog lights and the bumper grilles with the fog light hole, then went to install them and discovered that spot that is supposed to hold the oe fog bracket is cut out, so there is just a hole there behind the bumper grille, it is like the mold was there for the fog light but it was cut out at one point during the building process.

·
Registered
77 Posts
what did you mount the fog light bracket to?

gre23a added 5 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

i actually bought the oem fog lights and the bumper grilles with the fog light hole, then went to install them and discovered that spot that is supposed to hold the oe fog bracket is cut out, so there is just a hole there behind the bumper grille, it is like the mold was there for the fog light but it was cut out at one point during the building process.
I just screwed it into the bumper itself with some self tapping screws kind of a ***** i had to fab the brackets a little bit and cut some of the bumper away inside there

And I can get HID's for 115 a set all day long

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
kqst786 i am about to get a set of projectors soon so i will keep that in mind

·
Registered
268 Posts
?????????????

I have mine behind the billet grilles on the bottom i'll post some closer pics tomorrow if you want..they are a 20 dollar set of fogs from walmart and i put hid's in them

One of the grille you can't really tell theres fogs (how i wanted it)

where did you buy those grills for the bumper and how did you cover up the zip ties so they were not visible?
also can u post a diy for this so i have an idea of what i could do similar? thanks and nice job looks professional

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Damn those grilles are real sharp looking. What did your buddy polish them with cause i wanna do mine...heres what mine looks like ...

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is the full grilles not plastic chrome strips..I bought them off ebay and i actually don't know what my buddy polished it with i'll try to find out i knw he has some machine or something cuz he's a gunsmith. The seller on these grilles says theyre aluminum but the gunsmith said they are pot metal he had a hard time getting them to shine i know that but they turned out pretty good...i like it a lot because so far i havnt seen another cobalt lt with the bottom grilles and if anyone does have them im willing to bet they aren't polished. I may do a how-to on it this weekend or something if i have time...im so mad i did a how-to last night on taking out the window switch bezels and painting them and i spent a good hour or so making it over on css.net and they havn't approved it..fukers

kqst786 added 2 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Oh i forgot somebody....as far as the zipties go i just found the smallest black zipties they make and then put 2 together so i had enough length and you can't even see them even if you're looking close at it

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
It is the full grilles not plastic chrome strips..I bought them off ebay and i actually don't know what my buddy polished it with i'll try to find out i knw he has some machine or something cuz he's a gunsmith. The seller on these grilles says theyre aluminum but the gunsmith said they are pot metal he had a hard time getting them to shine i know that but they turned out pretty good...i like it a lot because so far i havnt seen another cobalt lt with the bottom grilles and if anyone does have them im willing to bet they aren't polished. I may do a how-to on it this weekend or something if i have time...im so mad i did a how-to last night on taking out the window switch bezels and painting them and i spent a good hour or so making it over on css.net and they havn't approved it..fukers
Please do! it will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Heres some recent pics of the car a few days ago ive done a couple things I took the headlights apart and painted the orange reflector sport red to match, then i painted the top billet grilles sport red and left the polished front lip and then i have all brand new hid's so the color matches now :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.