Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have factory stock fog lights on my cobalt, the original switch died on me a while back and so i hooked it up to a toggle switch, but every time i start my car my fogs turn on without me hitting the switch how do i make it so they will stay off when i start up the car but turn on when i use the switch, also when i turn them off i have to hit the switch off then back on in order to turn them off

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least i am not the only one that has this problem, i hope i can get them to shut off cause my HIDS Should be here any day now and i don't want to kill the bulbs early, plus its annoying as hell

·
Registered
365 Posts
Try unplugging the fuse and putting it back. Try testing the voltage to the fog light with the switch on/off.

There is a problem with a wire somewhere, just try different combination of things to find out where it is.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, ill check that tomorrow cause i gotta work on the headlights again anyways, they are fogging up and that fun crap. so ill have it already in the garage. now i am trying to find some schematics for the headlight electrical system, maybe i got something hooked up wrong

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks For the Responses, ill try those tomorrow and hopefully figure out what is going on with it all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.