Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i want to put fog lights on my 06 ls. i have a stock non fog light front bumper. i know i need to get a new bumper but what else would i have to do to get them in? i want to be able to turn them on and off seperate from the rest of my lights?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I went with the SS bumper and then bought fog lights that came with wiring and the switch. Here is how mine looks.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
ok does it change anything if i want HID fog lights? is there a kit out there with the wiring and switch with the HID fogs?
Its easier to wire up HID fogs since you don't need to find the H11 connector for the halogen fogs.

I'd personally use a relay to tie them into the low beams. When the low beams come on, the low beam energized the relay and then provides power to the fogs. That takes care of that pesky requirement for needing the fogs to turn off when the high beams are on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like your thought about wiring in the HID fogs and letting them come on w/ the low beams. Great idea.

So, just for a ballpark figure, w/ the bumper, fogs and wiring, how much would a setup like this cost?

And, when you got your bumper, did you look for one in your color? My car is Silver Moss so I doubt I'll find an SS bumper in that color.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I like your thought about wiring in the HID fogs and letting them come on w/ the low beams. Great idea.

So, just for a ballpark figure, w/ the bumper, fogs and wiring, how much would a setup like this cost?

And, when you got your bumper, did you look for one in your color? My car is Silver Moss so I doubt I'll find an SS bumper in that color.
If you buy a brand new bumper, they don't come prepainted.

If you get a used salvage yard one, it'll need to be repainted.

The price varies on where you get the parts. I'd say expect to pay around 500 bucks after parts and paint. You'll get a bit back by selling the stock bumper.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My fogs are wired to my parking lights, that way i have a little switch for them (the parking light switch haha). This way i can turn on just the fogs only. Then low beams make everything come on.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I didnt have moneys for a new bumper with fog lights, so i bough aftermarket truck fog lights in a hyper blue color lens so they dont quite look HID but they do look better, i had to get truck ones because the mounting bracket sits higher and i didnt want them blocked by the bumper, and i just installed them on the inside of the bumper in the front behind the horizontal slats, just left and right of where the bottom of my front plate is. ugh ill post a pic later when im not at work. i think they look great and only cost 25 dollars. have them wired to the battery and illuminated blue rocker switch i mounted on my dash

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didnt have moneys for a new bumper with fog lights, so i bough aftermarket truck fog lights in a hyper blue color lens so they dont quite look HID but they do look better, i had to get truck ones because the mounting bracket sits higher and i didnt want them blocked by the bumper, and i just installed them on the inside of the bumper in the front behind the horizontal slats, just left and right of where the bottom of my front plate is. ugh ill post a pic later when im not at work. i think they look great and only cost 25 dollars. have them wired to the battery and illuminated blue rocker switch i mounted on my dash
That was another thought I had as I saw a truck go by w/ add on fog lights. Thanks for the tip and some pics would be quite helpful.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You dont NEED an SS bumper... i plan on installing some fog lights on mine. the pair im lookin at is skinny n im thinkin of mounting them where the SS lights would be.
Another member "lankysean" did somethin like this. I wouldnt consider these fogs though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.