Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just purchased a 2007 Cobalt LT, and I was wondering if Chevy would be able to install fog lights or would I have to get aftermarket fog lights? The grill on the front dosen't look like there is a space for fog lights, but I know that dosent't mean chevy doesn't have a way to put them in. Any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i would guess that it depends on what front bumper you have, if your front bumper has black plastic insterts, then im guessing you could get OEM fog lights
but if your bumper is fully molded and color matched that you would have to go with aftermarket or a different bumper

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've seen a couple cars that had fully molded bumpers and they cut holes in them and installed the lights. As long as your cutting skills are good then it can be done without it looking ghetto as hell.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was trying to do the same thing on my LS, but the body shop I talked to told me there was no place behind the bumper to mount the foglights
That doesn't make sense, the plastic bumper covers are all the same dimensionally and they all cover the same sheetmetal supports. The body shop would have to get creative with a mounting bracket or something if you didn't have the inserts to mount them to but it's possible.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ugh well I have no skills when it comes to "modding"....i will take a picture and maybe somewhere here can tell me...Thanks for all your replies :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
STFU dduffy!!!

in this world, you only need TWO tools...

Duct tape for the things that dont stick, but should
and
WD-40 for the stuff that sticks, but shouldnt

yeah a pic of your front bumper will help.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the world together

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I gunna have the only two things you need are duct tape and dynomite because. If you can't duct it f**k it!
who needs dynomite, just get a bottle rocket and stick it down the gas tube, lol.......KA-FRICKEN-BOOM!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
i TRIED THE AFTER MARKET FOG LIGHT THING..IT SUCKS.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I wouldn't sugest the cutting a hole in your bumper thing to someone who hasn't done something like that before. It can get ugly if you mess up. The best bet might be on a new bumper if you don't have the factory place for it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Look guys it's the GIRL NEXT DOOR! lol (walks away after being told to STFU)
:cool:

anywho...i was also looking at the color of my car....which once I got it, it seem like EVERY dayum car on the street was the same color.....it's not red, but like a cherry, maroon red rolled into one...does anyone know what color that is? I went on chevy.com but couldnt find it or overlooked...

·
Registered
768 Posts
:cool:

anywho...i was also looking at the color of my car....which once I got it, it seem like EVERY dayum car on the street was the same color.....it's not red, but like a cherry, maroon red rolled into one...does anyone know what color that is? I went on chevy.com but couldnt find it or overlooked...
got a pic? Victory red maybe.....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.