Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i mean I'm using a dremel and thats it lol, thats just the start though, it will get better

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

ouch that is a rough cut

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

Why not just cut a circle and just put a light inside
not as clean that way and not as stock looking

·
Registered
821 Posts
ever think of chopping out the vertical supports for that middle grill as well? Youd prolly want to leave SOME type of support, like the mid bars..... but thats fine cutting.... and a whole lot of sanding in tight spaces.

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
hmm I suppose I could, you think it would look good? It would be sweet if I could put a billet grille there to match my upper billet grille
thats sorta was i was getting at..... it would look more like a billet grill if you chopped out those tiny vertical supports, but you would probably want to keep the center ones just to give it support.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Well this is the idea I had. Cut out that section of an LS bumper and install the foglight slots from an LTZ bumper. Here is the start.

something like that.... but i dont know how supportive the bumper is and if it will keep shape

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

no.... on second thought... dont do it.... it wouldnt even be noticable.... those supports are recessed in there anyway so they stay somewhat hidden anyway.

Now an actual billet grill SOUNDS good, but I wanna wait and see your finished retrofit first.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.