Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you guys saw an ss/tc at a good deal, would you stop modding your balt and save that money for the next 8 months for a down payment, or would you just stick to your LS

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have an LT, and if I came up with the money I'd trade it in for a SS anyday!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I got an LTZ and would trade mine for an SS/SC or SS/TC anyday..My car has enough mods for me to stay happy for a while...So yes I would stop modding...Then Put the mods that I have now onto the SS...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
yeh i'd save up for the ss/tc I guess too!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeah i'd stick with my LS, unless it was a ridiculously good deal - then i might consider. performance upgrades don't mean as much to me, and i like my car A LOT (i get very attached to my cars :bigsmile: i don't like giving up my cars unless it's on its last legs, haha).

so, i guess if you have no major complaints about your current car and/or it's still relatively low on milage, i'd stick with it.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I would keep the one I got. The 40+ mpg is perfect for my DD to work. I drive 80 miles a day.

But, if mine were payed off? Let's just say I would LOVE to have a DD balt and a toy balt!!!

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
to me it just boils down to if you can afford to buy another car.
i test drove one, and had full intentions of buying when i left the lot. after thinking it over off the adrenaline, i decided against putting myself into another hole financially with the economy the way it is.
plus the insurance on a boosted car would kill me. :laugh:

not assuming youre in the same situation. but that was my thought process. :)

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
eh, id keep mine... id want to turn an SS into a lowrider... so thhheeenn all that extra power would basically be worthless... lol, but that's me besides, ive already spent too much to get rid of mine & start over again, ya know...

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I love when people mention gas mileage between a turbo/SC balt and a 2.2. Really, if you stay out of the boost when you are commutting you can get mid to high 30's no problem. I some trips I get around 40 in my SS. Can easily stay in the low 30's during regular driving if I take it easy, but not grandma easy. As for the question, I cannot answer since I do not have an LS, but no I would not get one if I could get out of my SC cause I have way to much invested and do not feel like taking off the stuff to transfer(if it can) and such, too much work to bring one up to where the other was and bring the one back to stock.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
I think it was a good choice on my behalf to do so I haven't regretted any moment of it at all. I used to on an Ultra Silver 2006 Chevy Cobalt LS. Wasn't a bad car, just wanted more power and something with a manual tranny.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ive only invested like just $1000 on my car, rims, lights, performance, but i can easily remove all that n sell it so i can get upgrades for the tc, but idk, i finish paying my balt it may...so yea...besides i want a manual tranny car 2 n much more power, the tc i want is a sedan....ive only seen one tc sedan down here in el paso, everyone else has coupes

·
Registered
992 Posts
I will probably trade up for the tc when I move out of my parents house and graduate from univeristy since the oonly reason there isn't a SS/tc in my driveway is that my dad used to race cars and almost died about 3 times so my car had to have less than 150 hp

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.