Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wax do you use?
I'm not even sure where to put this thread but oh well.
As soon as it warms up im going to start cleaning my car myself...
I was just wondering what kind of stuff everyone else used to clean their cars.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like Mothers Paste wax. Yes it take a long time to do but, it looks nicer and last longer.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
depends, i use meguiars cleaner wax if i need to get up really tough water marks. I usually do that only like 2-3 times a year. M regular wax is just turtle wax, the white looking paste stuff. goes alot quicker then the meguiars, but it doesnt clean as well, just shines. but this year i already picked up some new products to see if i can find anything i like better.

You can also use a clay bar to really clean ur exterior of you car. bu you must wax ur car after you cla bar because itll leave ur cars paint unprotected afterwards.

and also the key to washing ur car is, using 2 buckets of water. One with just water and one with soap and water. after you wash ur cr with a MICROFIBER wash mit, rinse it off in the water then soakin it in the soapy water.

And the most important part is useing, turtle wax's zip wash i believe its call. ill double chek tomorrow. Its soa that has a little bit of wax in it already. The reason this is so important is because regular car soap will eat the wax off your car, this will not. So after washing ur car it will still be smooth.

·
Registered
169 Posts
mothers solid wax (that stuff in the can) works well, but I have been using the meguires liquid wax system (is like 7 process's) but their wax's are good shit. And dont go cheap on the car wash soap either you want good soap, it does make a difference. cheap shit means cheap results.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I use Turtle Wax Ice . You can get the paste on plastic parts and it wont leave a white residuethat is hard to remove. Good shine. Last a decent amount of time. I will probably try a different band soon just as a comparison. Also dont froget to claybar your car a few times a year for even better results. I ove it. It pays off.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Adam's buttery wax. mmmmm I use it with their revive polish and it give a great deep finish.

·
Registered
86 Posts
does that clay bar really work? I have never used it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use 3M cleaner and peformance wax it take a little time ,But worth the money,And i also use Ice Turtle Car Wash i think it called.puts of a great clean gloss.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
clay bar works wonders! but it is very time consuming, and if you drop the bar ur ****ed(out of 16$) that thing cant touch anything but ur car. And you have to constantly lube your car while using it. You gotta spary the stuff they give you in front of where your going to wipe the clay bar. Its very annoying but like i said it works amazing. It gets out all those little specks of dirt rocks salt sap any tiny little bump that you can feel on your car even after washing that you can only get up with your fingernail. Picks all that stuff right up. But you gotta wax your car right after you clay bar.

so pretty much you have to have a full day to devote to cleaning your car.
what i usually do is

Wash and dry
clay bar
wash and dry
wax
wash and dry

·
Registered
673 Posts
does that clay bar really work? I have never used it.
yes real claybar, not that crap ice turtle wax ice garbage works miracles.

xyanks214 is right though. If it hits the floor it's junked. I also like to throw in a good prewax cleaner before the wax but after clay.

·
Registered
169 Posts
ya dood if u do the clay bar. do a google on how to use it first. basically keep the area your working on wet with the detailer spray they provide, and lightly glide the bar over the paint. no need to press down hard, and you could fk things up that way. but it is very easy. and I do it about 2-3 times a year. I get compliments nearly every day on how great my pain looks. claayyy bar man :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I love the results that claybar has and yes it is very time consuming. I learned how to do by a simple video that was on youtube

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.