·
Registered
931 Posts
is that a 4.9 stright 6 banger????

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4.6 v8, the conduit is for all the wires back in my ricer days, and four air filters idk just mostly for the fun of it and whatever performance gains I can get from it and i've given up trying to make that engine clean, its whatever now, but the idea of a massive intake system like that, what do yall think

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Dude, I honestly think that you will not gain anything from running 4 air filters... Except more restriction. Remember, that's no Cobalt. That v8's gotta breath brother.

How about TRUE ram air? I think that might be a good way to not only look good, but shove a lot of air down there...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
do this:

1. go out and get a hood custom made for the truck with a small scoop on it, nothing too fancy or extravagant

2. manufacture/find an air box that will sit on the top of the motor and attach directly to the throttle body/elbow of the motor. This style of intake system will prohibit the Ram Air aspect of the V8, and allow for more HP/Torque gain at higher speeds.

3. Install the parts after dyno'ing the truck, then re-dyno. After you have done that, post your results here, cause i wanna know how much gain it actually provides.

Or you could go this route:

1. Sell that Ford, cause the only good they did, is circle the issue, and paste it to the grill

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cummon camo. your fully bolted, tuned, and working on a suspension build. all within a few months, i wish my life sucked that bad!!!!:sad2:
yeah thats true but I still like my truck and I need it for school, also while it was at the garage today something broke further on it and broke a whole where there is oil so now all the oil fell out, but still the cobalt isn't doing great since i had to remove the license plate lights all around it and the LED and had to rewire all my switches so yeah
Dude, I honestly think that you will not gain anything from running 4 air filters... Except more restriction. Remember, that's no Cobalt. That v8's gotta breath brother.

How about TRUE ram air? I think that might be a good way to not only look good, but shove a lot of air down there...
how does a four filter cause more restriction?
do this:

1. go out and get a hood custom made for the truck with a small scoop on it, nothing too fancy or extravagant

2. manufacture/find an air box that will sit on the top of the motor and attach directly to the throttle body/elbow of the motor. This style of intake system will prohibit the Ram Air aspect of the V8, and allow for more HP/Torque gain at higher speeds.

3. Install the parts after dyno'ing the truck, then re-dyno. After you have done that, post your results here, cause i wanna know how much gain it actually provides.

Or you could go this route:

1. Sell that Ford, cause the only good they did, is circle the issue, and paste it to the grill
I don't have a ford emblem on the grille :huh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.