Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home with forza 3 and was wondering if anyone else managed to get it early?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I will get it on friday - I hope modification to the cars is not same as NFS shift ( paint change and rims ) - I want some hoods, headlights, taillights and be able to tint tails and so on

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Been playing the demo on the xbox.. Its pretty sweet, I love the graphics. They improved some things over 2, but the steering feels mushy to me, I hope I'll be able to change that when I get the full version. I love the cabin view, I'm really happy they incorporated that into the game. On expert mode (the only way I play), you now have a manual tranny with clutch.

Shifting with clutch is really cool, but downshifting can take some getting used to. As you use the left trigger to brake, and the left upper button to press the clutch. This leaves me using the middle finger to brake (less precision in my case since I'm not used to using it, especially when its proportional), and using my index for the clutch.

I hope you can still tune the cars before racing (like in F2, but its not there in the demo), and in the demo at least- there are no tire wear/ heat and damage indicators. I hope this is not the case for the full version. It promises to be fun to play cause the demo track is 20X more scenic than anything in F2, more NFS style.

Tom.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Gonna get mine at 5pm today, can't wait to drive my ZR-1! Too bad there's no SS/TC, but I believe there is a aspiration conversion and drivetrain conversion for it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I thought NFS: Shift looked like a good sim. racing game, but Forza looks even better. Not sure if I'll buy it because I'm saving for Modern Warfare 2, but I'll definitely rent it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there is an ss but its the sc and the zr-1 is in a download pack only and it isn't out yet:evil: but it still is a sweet game

·
Registered
446 Posts
The Cobalt SS/SC is in the game, but no TC version, however there is an engine swap option to put in the LNF in FWD and a LS6 in FWD, there is a RWD drivertrain swap for all three engines, and if you don't want an engine swap you can swap out the supercharger for a turbocharger on the LSJ. Already have mine at B500 with a turbocharger swap on the LSJ and it is as sweet as hell when you hear it spool! :D

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
you are making me want the full game now :)... I just played Forza 2 an hr ago, I still can't discipline myself to go around the Nurembhuring (sp) twice in the under 700hp class, I always f*** up :mad:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Yeah the game I'm waiting for the most is the next Battlefield modern warfare game with all the vehicles and gadgets, can't friggin wait already :suspicious:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
i want forza 3 soo bad, i already beat the 2nd one, i beat it with these cars,,,,my RWD LNF Cobalt ;), 989hp Z06 vette, and my 950hp R34 Skyline...i love this game..do you guys recommend NFS shift

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
^ I don't, I played the demo of NFS Shift and didn't like it, controls are really weird and the coefficient of friction is way too high, cars have too much grip and drifting is really fake in that game..

·
Registered
446 Posts
I retired from buying any need for speed game after I bought Prostreet. BTW got my ZR1 to S700 goes up to 215mph with no engine upgrades, and all weight reduction, suspension, tire, and transmission upgrades! O_O

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Shift is gay, steering and handling kills the game not to mention the confusing modding process, maybe not so confusing but retarded. I want FM3 but am gonna wait a few more days just cause of money. I do have a game to trade in so it won't be too bad I hope, game prices are rediculous. Once they start selling regular games for 100 and such I well be done with buying haha.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Shift seemed pretty good to me, but they definitely focused more on it being a cockpit simulated game rather than giving it good depth in customization and what not (though the physics lacks imo, which is weird since they made it a simulator game). I would just get Forza 3 now though, Shift was really only good before Forza 3 was out, now there's really no point in it.

Btw, anyone who already has the game needs to take some pics of their virtual balt.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
im just gonna ask for it for xmas so i dont have to pay for it lawl

i want forza 3 soo bad, i already beat the 2nd one, i beat it with these cars,,,,my RWD LNF Cobalt ;), 989hp Z06 vette, and my 950hp R34 Skyline...i love this game..do you guys recommend NFS shift
rwd cobalt is impossible to drive....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.