Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anymore free mods to boost even 1-2 hp on my 2.2l ls 5-speed that anyone knows of? open for ideas.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Take out the resanators. Theres one in the pass. front wheel well. Just take out the fender well cover and take out two bolts. and pull the big black box out.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Remove everything from the car you don't need -- rear seats, spare tire, tire wrench, hubcaps, floor mats, etc. LOL

Can't think of any other "freebies"!

·
Registered
575 Posts
First...1-2hp? Why is that gonna matter lol I'm just wondering.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
idk really, but it seems like theres not a whole lot i can do with the ls version that won't cost me a fortune like turbos, and superchargers ya know. i cant wait for 3yrs to pass so i can get the ss/tc balt. that will be more worth while.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
idk really, but it seems like theres not a whole lot i can do with the ls version that won't cost me a fortune like turbos, and superchargers ya know. i cant wait for 3yrs to pass so i can get the ss/tc balt. that will be more worth while.
Unless you're a REALLY experienced mechanic the basics are all you can do to the LS/LT models -- exhaust and intake. Cams are available but they are not an easy install (timing chain alignment can be a big headache). Nitrous is another avenue but I personnaly don't recommend it. Speed = money...how fast do you want to spend?

·
Registered
79 Posts
if you want.. go to ebay and buy a performance module...they advertise 30+hp but i doubt it.. i would say more like in the area of 2-3 maybe a lil more.. or there is a lil resistor you can buy that looks like a paper clip that you attach to you intake air temperature sensor(IAT) or MAF. What the resistor does is trick your IAT to read a colder air intake into the engine making a richer fuel/air ratio. MOre power.. BUt again its only prob 1-2 hp.. MAybe if you throw the module and and the resistor on together you can about 4 hp..or just go to ebay and buy an cold air intake(CAI) for like $60.. that good for about 10hp depending on your engine.

hope it helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
do not go to ebay and buy that resistor, obviously it is not a good idea to trick your MAF (something used to make sure your car runs correctly) into thinking something false is true it isn't worth the 1-2 hp you will get

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
What is a resanator? and what does it do?
If you look under your car and check out the exhaust system you will find the resonator just about in the center of the car (under your seat). In simple terms it resonates the exhaust sound giving it a smoother note rather then the sound of individual exhaust pulses -- but basically it is a muffler. The muffler is at the rear of the car. Without the resonator your exhaust will sound like a hive of angry bees..LOL.

·
Registered
673 Posts
why are you guys on this website....there is better information over at
cobaltss.net just passing the word
Why are you on css.net. That site is a joke. You have hundreds of teenage doucehbags that just want to argue about HIDs, street racing, and "My gf broke up with me I'm such a *****." It's garbage.

Honestly this site sucks for information as well, but I have friends here so I stay here. I'm not going to sit here and link other sites because honestly that's pretty douchebag of you to do that, but if you want real information and tech info this or cobaltss is not the place for it. All the people who knew their ass from a whole in the ground left css.net along time ago.

What's even funnier is here you are trying to recruit people to go to css.net when no one there gives a damn about you. Jonel only cares about the user count and he has no problems telling you that. Enjoy being on a site though where you are a number and a dollar sign to the owner. That's css.net. Why show loyalty to it, it will show none to you?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Why are you on css.net. That site is a joke. You have hundreds of teenage doucehbags that just want to argue about HIDs, street racing, and "My gf broke up with me I'm such a *****." It's garbage.

Honestly this site sucks for information as well, but I have friends here so I stay here. I'm not going to sit here and link other sites because honestly that's pretty douchebag of you to do that, but if you want real information and tech info this or cobaltss is not the place for it. All the people who knew their ass from a whole in the ground left css.net along time ago.

What's even funnier is here you are trying to recruit people to go to css.net when no one there gives a damn about you. Jonel only cares about the user count and he has no problems telling you that. Enjoy being on a site though where you are a number and a dollar sign to the owner. That's css.net. Why show loyalty to it, it will show none to you?

Couldn't have said it better myself bro

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So how do i go about removing this resonator thing? Just unbolt it.....

i know on my car it's welded in the rear portion of the res. but i think its got a flange on the front. you'll probably have to go to a custom exhaust place or pick up a flange to match the down pipe end and have it straight piped back to the exhaust and either weld it or clamp it i would recommend the weld. or both.
you'll have to cut the weld part in the rear off and undo the bolts to the flange, then bolt on the new flange with the straight pipe and weld the other end or clsmp it to the exhaust pipe. do a video clip/sound clip when done please, i'm curious about how it would sound.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.