Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have done hub assembly change almost every 40k miles on my Chevy Cobalt 2008 LT and they are bad again. I am almost getting the impression that this is a design rather than a brand problem. Any suggestions? In comparison, I have a Ford Taurus with 130k and it has no such problem.

Thank you.:smilie_flagge13:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Too many pot holes and curb bites? Personally have dealt with 3 cobalts. one with oem hubs at 225K miles, one at 180k miles and third at 130k miles. So either bad luck of the draw or poor installation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are some very interesting threads about this on the saturn ion forums, basically the same car.
Some people have had this problem due to bad grounding. The battery ground is going thru anything is can and causing arcing on wheel bearings. Just something to look at. make sure all battery and chassis grounds are there, tight and free of corrosion.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had a similar issue, maybe a bit more on miles btwn changes, and it was always the same side going bad. I got new strut mounts & haven’t had the issue for a few years now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts