Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well apparently my other thread about this cav got closed, no idea y. But anyway, its an 02 2.2l, and he replaced all the bumpers with the z24 kit. Its got my stock 16son it, painted a bit to look better of course lol. Heres some older pics to show wat it looks like:

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Well we just started doing the body work and new paint on it, and hes painting it alpine white. We are still in the primer and body work phase, fixing all the dents and dings. Body is in pretty good condition so it hasnt taken much fixing, just lots of sanding and prep work. Heres some pics of our progress:

Ill keep you guys updated as we continue, paint should be going on in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Good progress :)
Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Damn I miss my 2002 z24.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
project cavalier is finished! after a month of work just about everyday of the week its finally finished, and it came out 10 times better than i expected :) on to the pics.

fully sanded, cleaned, and taped up and ready for paint:

and on goes the base coat:

and the clear coat:

out in the sun for the first time:

photoshoot time :)

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

and my car eating some concrete lol

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my cell phone pics dont do the car any justice, its the brightest white ive ever seen. when we first pulled it out in the sun i couldnt even look directly into the hood because it hurt my eyes lol.

mods at this point:

full z24 body conversion
magnaflow muffler and 3" angle cut exhaust
stock cobalt 16s accented with black'
rear wheel spacers to even out back wheels with front
blacked out headlights
foglights
toyota cavalier tail lights
rear window wing
2 12" kicker cvrs w/ rockford fosgate amp

next project is going to be full fiberglassing in the interior and painting it :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks good, are the foglights mounted in the permanent position in those pics? They look like they are not mounted yet. Real good job and nice paint.
lol yea, they're a lil off, just need to be adjusted i think

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Looks good, are the foglights mounted in the permanent position in those pics? They look like they are not mounted yet. Real good job and nice paint.
Looks good
thanks guys :) this is the first car ive ever helped paint or anything, and the first car bryce (the owner) has ever painted, so im pretty happy with how it turned out

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.