Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pat Goss of Goss' Garage, from the popular television show "MotorWeek" recommended a product called Frigi-Clean. It comes in a can and shoots foam in your evaporator core, which cleans out your air conditioning system, avoiding costly repairs down the line. He said use it once every three years or so. It's been three years since I bought my new cobalt. Any thoughts on this idea?

Infiniti Parts USA - Your #1 Source for Factory Infiniti Parts & Accessories

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I don't think is as necessary on the Cobalt since there is a filter for incoming cabin air. Might need it on a car that has no filter or when you start getting the mildew smell...IMO

·
Registered
1 Posts
found Frigi-Clean and Frigi-Freshit at www.ac-evaporator-cleaner.com. I called a few dealerships and they would not sell to me as individual cans. They wanted to charge me for the cans and the service...typical!!!

I was probably talking with a service guy rather than a parts guy...so I think the service guy wanted to get me into the service. If I had gotten a Parts guy, he will probably just sell the cans. Anyway found it at the site above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.