Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son had a red 2005 Chevy Cobalt LS 2.2L 4 door sedan. He ended up buying a black 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS 2.0 2 door coupe. He offered the car to my other son and he didnt want it. The red cobalt needed alot of work, exterior and interior. The interior was really dirty and it was really bad, and the seats were in really bad shape. The interior carpet was grey but it was so dirty, it look black in color. The suspension needed some major work. Needless to say, I spoke with my son about the red car and since he has his black cobalt, i told him that i didnt want him to let it go since this red cobalt was his first car he had. I made a deal with him to give me the red cobalt to me and ill fix it. I told him that i was going to use it a my project car. I park the red cobalt in my back yard and i slowly start to work on it.

My Project Car: 2005 Chevy cobalt LS 2.2L.
Replaced these for both front driver and passenger sides:
New front struts, new lower control arms, new front rotors, new front brakes pads, new CV Axles, new Hub bearing assemblies, new sway bar links, new brake calipers.
Replaced these for both rear driver and passenger sides:
Rear shocks, drums, brake shoes, brake shoe hardware
Interior: took off seats and seats covers. Replaced old grey carpet with new red floor carpet, soaked seat covers in Oxi clean prewash, washed seat covers twice. Painted some interior parts red. New red floor mats.
New shifter knob, new speakers.
After 2 years working on it slowly, my hoopty is ready for the road. Just need to take care of paperwork for stickers and off on the road we go.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not too bad. Kind of reminds me of my current Cobalt. Bought it for $300 from sister’s boyfriend. Was very neglected. Have maybe $1500 in it now with purchase, title, and parts. I just wish my paint looked as good as yours. Mine paint looks like shit but I can shine it up and it looks decent. At least to other people it looks ok. The car is cheap to fix up and makes a great daily driver. Can cruise around and not burn up much gas. Looks like yours is a manual, so even better fuel mileage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not too bad. Kind of reminds me of my current Cobalt. Bought it for $300 from sister’s boyfriend. Was very neglected. Have maybe $1500 in it now with purchase, title, and parts. I just wish my paint looked as good as yours. Mine paint looks like shit but I can shine it up and it looks decent. At least to other people it looks ok. The car is cheap to fix up and makes a great daily driver. Can cruise around and not burn up much gas. Looks like yours is a manual, so even better fuel mileage.
the good thing about these cars, they are not that difficult to work on. yes, mine is a 5 speed, and i took my youngest son who is in the 8th grade and he was surprised on how it looked on the inside and what i had done with the car. i still have a bit more to work on to completely finish it, but for now, im just glad i got it running and me, my wife, and my son enjoy driving it around, and jammin to it while driving. I asked my youngest if he wanted the car when he got into high school, his response, "Hell Yeah." I wish i could post pics of how it looked before but for nor, Enjoy ur cobalt sir.

·
Say What again!
6,105 Posts
Always good to see a car get brought back to life. Great work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts