Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a few tutorials about removing the bowtie on the front of the car. However, I saw a few different ones. One that I saw said that the bowtie is bolted on, another says it's just stuck on there like the rear one. What I wanted to do was just completely remove it from the front. How do I know which one I have????

S

·
0 Posts
look on the back of the grill and see if theres 2 nuts holding it on. If not than its just a stick on bowtie.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You have two 10MM nuts holding the Chevy emblem on the grille -- you can reach them from behind the grill with the hood open.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You have two 10MM nuts holding the Chevy emblem on the grille -- you can reach them from behind the grill with the hood open.
i second that. I removed mine, but got tired of looking at the bolt holes

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i have been tempted to do the same thing, but i havent decided what color to go.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
i may keep the chrome trim on it, and do body color in the middle
That's what I did. It looks pretty good and I even had to use packaging tape because I didn't have any masking tape on hand at the time. But it came out pretty nice regardless...

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah it has the bolts but i think the part about the sticky like the black, i think they meant they took just the gold of the emblem out and painted it and glued it back in...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
never heard of the stick on bowties for the front only on the rear i have had mine removed and shaved down ...here is a pic
STOCK....

CUSTOM...

CUSTOM...

FINAL...

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah the gold part is actually glued to the chrome piece on the back...just us heat and it'll come off...easier to paint that way...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I taped off the chrome edging and used a razor blade to finish the edges then lightly sanded the plastic over the gold with 1000 grit sandpaper to scuff the surface and painted it with Krylon victory red. Came out realy well -- can't tell that I didn't remove the center gold portion to paint it.

Red07SSNA added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Chester did you consider painting the center bar semi-gloss black? I have mine painted semi-gloss black on victory red -- looks good.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
actually i never thought of that....do you have any pics at all ? it definitally sounds like it might catch my attention

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
damn i wish i could see that better

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Sounds Great.....did you have your vavle cover powder coated....i cant really tell in ur picture thing next to your name

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.