Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've searched and searched and no luck yet, I'm getting tired of repainting my front bowtie every month, I was wondering if there's any good places that sale front bowties for a cobalt...

I don't want anything gay like transformers, the punisher one is pretty cool, but what would be ideal is a carbon fiber one, anyone know a good site to get this from?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount for a front bowtie lol

the wind from driving alot, and bugs slamming into the front is causing the paint to chip, I can repaint it and it looks nice for a little while but after that it's back the same way it was.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I painted mine, not on my cobalt but on my HHR. I believe I used 5-6 coats of paint and then probably bout 5-6 coats of clear coat. I had the HHR for 4 yrs. Never had any problems with the paint. And I know that the HHR has a much bigger front bowtie than our Cobalts. Hope this helps.

I do plan on painting the one on my Cobalt. Just need to find the time.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Try through here maybe. You may see something you like. There's 4 pages, and the bowties are all spread out. This is the site that carries the Punisher one. :)

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

As for CF though, the site XFE listed is the only place I know to get one that doesn't look cheap.

·
Registered
212 Posts
slighty off track, but why don't you wrap it with 3M Di-noc? It acts like a chips resistant protector too.

When I painted my front emblem and clear coated it. I also wrapped it in 3M scotchgard and it still looks as new as day one~~!

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Try through here maybe. You may see something you like. There's 4 pages, and the bowties are all spread out. This is the site that carries the Punisher one.
I bought this one some time ago, but have never put it on. It's a good idea, but poorly executed. It's made REAL cheap, and does not look like it will hold up very well, and the edges are not clean.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah if I buy something like that, I want it to look nice, I don't want to buy something thats half assed

·
Registered
692 Posts
I bought this one some time ago, but have never put it on. It's a good idea, but poorly executed. It's made REAL cheap, and does not look like it will hold up very well, and the edges are not clean.
x2 baught one and didnt like it so its sitin in my room

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Are you using like the lightest coat possible of clear?

Or driving through the asteroid belt?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.