Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have an 09 cobalt ls. And i want to get an SS front fascia with foglights. But i was also thinking of modding the bumber i currently have, by cutting out the tree lower secions that look like grills; leaving the center empty and putting foglights in the two outside sections. This would definitely required body work to the front bumper. What do you guys think? Is it worth doing it myself? Or should i just buy an SS front fascia off ebay or something? And are all front fascia interchangeable?

Thanks in advace.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
If you are good with body work I would LOVE to see you do something custom! if not just get the SS bumper. all front fascias are interchangeable.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You could save a few bucks and get an LT bumper as well...that way you have grille inserts that are removable and can still put fogs in and have it look nice (yes, I know, not as nice as an SS bumper).

I wanted to SS bumpers and side skirts, but I've given up on that, I will stick with the stock look....considered the LT bumper for a little while as well, but decided against that as well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You could save a few bucks and get an LT bumper as well...that way you have grille inserts that are removable and can still put fogs in and have it look nice (yes, I know, not as nice as an SS bumper).

I wanted to SS bumpers and side skirts, but I've given up on that, I will stick with the stock look....considered the LT bumper for a little while as well, but decided against that as well.
if you get the LT bumper it cant be from an 08. the 08's and im assuming the 09s stopped putting the little inserts there so its just a solid bumper.

·
Registered
318 Posts
just be warned that the SS bumper hangs a little lower than the other models. You may want the wheel well liners to go with it to avoid a gap in the bottom. Also looks a little out of place without the side skirts and rear bumper to line up with.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
just be warned that the SS bumper hangs a little lower than the other models. You may want the wheel well liners to go with it to avoid a gap in the bottom. Also looks a little out of place without the side skirts and rear bumper to line up with.
The wheel well liners are the same for all models. the SS bumpers use left and right brackets at the bottom of the fascia that also fill in the opening at the wheel well Liner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.