Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where r they? I didnt cut them when i put in springs but it says to...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I know i read the dead threads on bump stops but they were very unclear and the back ones were like really short so i thought, im gonna have issues if i bottom them lil guys out haha! so i left em in

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've had my springs on for a while now and never need to cut my bump stops at all, and I've gone over some pretty hard bumps on accident, but I also drive my car likes it's made of glass.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
I've had my springs on for a while now and never need to cut my bump stops at all, and I've gone over some pretty hard bumps on accident, but I also drive my car likes it's made of glass.
ive heard a lot of people say they didnt cut em.
i cut mine because thats what the spring manufacturer suggested.
btw, i drive my car like its made of glass too! :bigsmile:
which is ironic since i do custom glass for a "living"

·
Registered
174 Posts
ive heard a lot of people say they didnt cut em.
i cut mine because thats what the spring manufacturer suggested.
btw, i drive my car like its made of glass too! :bigsmile:
which is ironic since i do custom glass for a "living"
HAHA very nice...I only drive it like that because I'm the one paying to fix it and I don't wanna screw myself on an alignment...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Okay, I know i read the dead threads on bump stops but they were very unclear and the back ones were like really short so i thought, im gonna have issues if i bottom them lil guys out haha! so i left em in
Ya my friend is a Master Mechanic or something like that he is really high he went to school and everything anyways he put mine on and he said it was a bad idea they go out fast anough so he did not cut them and my ride is really smoth and it won't kill my shocks as fast

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
HAHA very nice...I only drive it like that because I'm the one paying to fix it and I don't wanna screw myself on an alignment...
i never got aligned after springs. 5 months ago was the first time i pulled it apart. but wouldnt recommend no alignment. :bigsmile:
no problems yet. but im still waiting......lol.

·
Registered
720 Posts
There's been a lot of debate on this issue and on CSS there are a number of people who will say NOT to cut your bump stops...I did cut mine according to the Sportline's instructions, but if I could do it again, I wouldn't, I'd leave them stock....when I put new shocks/struts in, I will replace those with new ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.