Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to Chevy and order my ss/na bumper, however I dont know how a girl who knows nothing about car can serve me. I went to chevy and went to the parts department , I ring the bell cuz there was no one on the desk and this girl came up to me and said how can I help you. I told her that I need to buy cobalt 2.0 ss supercharger bumper cover , after she spend 10 mins on the computer looking for it she said there 2 bumpers for ss but she dont know the diference xaaxxaxaaxxaxaaxax I knew that the one is 2.4 ss/na and the other one was 2.0 ss/sc . than she asked me about my vin # to see which one I need, I tried to explain to her that I want 2.0 ss/sc one but she said it may not fit my car. I brought my vin and she tell me that the bumper I need to buy is 2.4 ss /na and I just agree cuz I coudnt stend her any more , so I end up buying ss/na bumper which is the original one for my car but I wanted ss/sc , it doesnt meter I wont get the lip.
I will pick it up tomorow in the morning. $ 409 total Im happy now that I will finaly get my bumper !!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Dude I read it quick but i woulda ordered the one u wanted to begin with for 4 benjies!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The only difference between the 2 SS fascias is the SS/SC has the holes/slots for the lip. If you want to get the lip later on, look at the back of the SS/NA fascia and you will see the outlines where the slots need to be. You can cut the slots out using the line outlines to get them right.

BTW you paid full retail...next time you buy a part ask for the "trade" price...if they look at you like they don't know what you're talking about they're just acting. They know what "trade" is...tell them your Uncle works at XXXXXX Chevrolet and told you to ask for the "trade" price.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only difference between the 2 SS fascias is the SS/SC has the holes/slots for the lip. If you want to get the lip later on, look at the back of the SS/NA fascia and you will see the outlines where the slots need to be. You can cut the slots out using the line outlines to get them right.

BTW you paid full retail...next time you buy a part ask for the "trade" price...if they look at you like they don't know what you're talking about they're just acting. They know what "trade" is...tell them your Uncle works at XXXXXX Chevrolet and told you to ask for the "trade" price.
hey thats good think to know but you had to trow it early now its over .
yeah Im sorry for the lip but as you said I can get it letter on, I waited so much for it and im happy that I finaly get one even if its without lip.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeah, don't back down. She doesn't know what she is talking about. I had that same thing with someone trying to tell me that wouldn't fit my LS. You may want to look at it like this, if you don't have the lower lip already, then you would have the bumper on there with the slots already cut out with no lip. That would look funny. Anyway congrats on getting your SS bumper, you are going to love how it looks.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
glad you finally got one! :bigsmile:
you think a service counter person not knowing cobalts is scary. the couple of times my car has been to the dealership. i talked with the techs, and i seem to know more about cobalts than they do! :suspicious:
lol, I dont go to the deler too much , actualy this bumper was my first experiance with deler, but I dont understand, its your job you have to know abou it right ? How can you work there and know not a think about their cars ??? rediculas

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
lol, I dont go to the deler too much , actualy this bumper was my first experiance with deler, but I dont understand, its your job you have to know abou it right ? How can you work there and know not a think about their cars ??? rediculas
i dont go to them unless i have to. i went in once for a CEL, and once for a torn cv boot.
i think i confused the techs by using terms like L61, secondary air injection, and GMPP!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.