Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Same problem, i dont see how to fix it either, it is lined up with the fenders perfect. i dont get it.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Here is one thing you can do that will help a little bit..
If you remove your headlight, you will see that it sits in a mounting bracket. Loosen all the bolts that hold on the mounting bracket. You will see that the front bolt closest to the bumper is adjustable. Pull the headlight bracket forward and tighten that front bolt. This will make the headlight sit slightly more forward, eliminating SOME of the gap. I have also recently had thoughts of putting washers behind the other mounting bolts.

Like i said, this is not a "fix" but it helps!

·
Registered
610 Posts
If you remove your headlight, you will see that it sits in a mounting bracket. Loosen all the bolts that hold on the mounting bracket. You will see that the front bolt closest to the bumper is adjustable. Pull the headlight bracket forward and tighten that front bolt. This will make the headlight sit slightly more forward, eliminating SOME of the gap. I have also recently had thoughts of putting washers behind the other mounting bolts.

i'm going to have to try that in the future.

·
Registered
416 Posts

Doesnt that create more of a gap by the hood?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Not really.. the top stays where it is but the bottom moves forward. the head light will be facing upward ever so slightly more, but its not noticeable at all!

·
Registered
89 Posts
OBZ to the rescue!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've seen this gap before in other Cobalts. In my 2009, though, there is a gap above the headlight instead of under it..

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I've seen this gap before in other Cobalts. In my 2009, though, there is a gap above the headlight instead of under it..
Is there a difference in the caps on the sides of the hood? If so you may just need to adjust the hood

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tried what obz said it kinda helps. Dropped my car at the local dealer for a list of issues including that one Ill let everyone know what happened

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Tried what obz said it kinda helps. Dropped my car at the local dealer for a list of issues including that one Ill let everyone know what happened
Yeah, It doesn't completely fix the problem, but it definitely helps!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok got my balt back. Had put up a big stink took it to a second dealer after agruing with head office. My balts front end looks 100%! No parts replaced. The invoice says re and re front bumper replace clips old ones loose. it honestly looks 100%

Had to complain like crazy but they did it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.