Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 LT. It has the inserts at the lower bottom of the bumper, can those be pulled out and replaced with the fog light inserts so I can add fog lights? Or do I have to replace the whole bumper? The inserts are removable, I was able to partly pull one out but didn't pull it all the way due to not wanting to break it.

I have read the articles in the DIY section they all explain how to add fog lights into the factory wiring. I don't plain on doing that, I will just add the fog lights and do all the wiring separately.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
I want to say yes? I can't imagine they'd have gone out of their way to create yet another bumper to keep on hand.

And those inserts do come out - and you are right that you feel like you'll break them - it's a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm pretty sure it has been done before, just swap the inserts and wire them up however you see fit if you don't plan on using factory wiring

·
Registered
589 Posts
You need to check behind the inserts. Some of those bumpers with inserts just have a huge hole behind them.

Hopefully yours have smaller holes that are fog light sized. The fog lights actually mount to the area behind the inserts not the inserts themselves. The inserts are just trim pieces.

My 05 model had the same front bumper (with removable lower grilles) but unfortunately, mine was missing the molded area behind the bezels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.