Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to put a ss bumper on my 08ls but i dont what i am doing(part wise). i dont kno what the part number is or which cobalt the bumper comes from? plz help

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i want to put a ss bumper on my 08ls but i dont what i am doing(part wise). i dont kno what the part number is or which cobalt the bumper comes from? plz help

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I put an SS/Sport whichever you call it, the one without he lip, on my LS. It's easy, a few push rivets, and a couple screws. As far a part number IDK, I just searched "cobalt front fascia" on ebay and to my surprise found one fro $200 with ONE scratch. (I lucked out) Maybe someone here can get you the number. I do, however, know about a "how-to" on css.net to switch the bumpers. I'll get you a link.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah, search CL, the Cobalt/Ecotec forums, and ebay. You'll find one. And the write-up he posted should be all you need.

It's pretty simple. You can use any of the fascia's: SS/NA, SS/SC, SS/TC, Sport. They will all work, the SS/NA and Sport will not have a lip (or holes for one) and the SS/SC and SS/TC will have either the holes or come with a lip. Depends which route you want to go. They will shun you over on CSS.net for doing such a thing, but oh well. I personally want to go to the SS/NA or Sport front and rear bumpers, but can't find any at a good price and I have to stop spending money (especially on my car) for a while according to the wife. Priorities first.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i want the one with out the lip
which one is that one

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If you want the "chin spoiler" you'll have to get the fascia for a SS/SC/TC. You'll need the chin spoiler (called an extension) too.

If you don't want the chin spoiler then you'll need the fascia from a SS/NA, Sport, or 08 LT with appearance package.

In addition to the fascia you'll need the 2 brackets that go on the bottom to bolt up the fascia correctly.

Here are the parts you'll need to install an SS/SC or SS/NA fascia on a LS or LT:

12336074 Fascia SS/NA
22699897 Deflector (Air Dam) SS/NA (sits under radiator)
11518017 Retainer for Deflector (2ea)
15773841 Center Grille SS/NA will fit SS/SC
11609406 Screw (get 6 will need extras)
11513599 Nut (get 6 will need extras)

19120184 Fascia SS/SC
12336084 Extension (Chin Spoiler)
10134407 Retainer for Extension (4ea)
22718757 Deflector (Air Dam) SS/SC (sits under radiator)<<<NOTE! The SS/SC deflector will not bolt to a non-SC Cobalt!!! SC has brackets the other Cobalts DO NOT have. Use the SS/NA Deflector.
11518017 Retainer for Deflector (2ea)

15248110 Bracket RH SS/NA/SC (need 1 for NA or SC)
15248111 Bracket LH SS/NA/SC (need 1 for NA or SC)

Not cheap! I recommend getting a few of the extra screws/nuts listed. You can reuse ones from your fascia but will need a few more. You have to have the 2 brackets or the bottom will "flop" in the wind -- nothing to attach to. The SS fascias are about 2" lower then the LS/LT Fascia -- about the level of the air dam under the LS/LT fascia. To keep it from looking "off" you can either get the side skirts or install the mud gaurds to break up the line of the car.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If you want the "chin spoiler" you'll have to get the fascia for a SS/SC/TC. You'll need the chin spoiler (called an extension) too.

If you don't want the chin spoiler then you'll need the fascia from a SS/NA, Sport, or 08 LT with appearance package.

In addition to the fascia you'll need the 2 brackets that go on the bottom to bolt up the fascia correctly.

I'll get the PNs out later.
Or just more completely, not like it'll fall off without them, but it looks finished with them.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You can use all the screws and nuts from the stock bumper. At least I did lol
a note I went without the lip to keep it looking even, yeah its a little lower than the sides but it's less notice able than if I got the lip too. Red do you have the P/N for the side skirts?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I think the rear lip doesn't fit an LS/LT bumper right(the whole bumper would), it's longer or something, but the front works perfect. They're all the same chassis (as far as coupes and sedans) so they're all interchangeable.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
anyone got pics of what it lloks like on their balt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.