Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have a 2007 Cobalt LT with 16" tires.

I was replacing the brake rotors and noticed that my driver side brake caliper bracket was partially stripped, and the bolt would not fully tighten when reinstalling the caliper bracket. I thought it would be simple to get the correct piece, but it appears that for my year and model of Cobalt, the local and online part stores only sell for 15" tires. I tried the 15" tire size caliper but it obviously didn't work.

Can anyone suggest where I can get a replacement caliper bracket to resolve my issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
That's strange the caliper bracket didn't fit I thought that all four lug rotors were the same size there for the bracket should be the same size I have an 06 and 09 both with 16-inch wheels on RockAuto to buy a new caliper with bracket it does not ask for 15 or 16 inch wheels you can go to the junkyard Pick-A-Part left and right side are the same

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! My vehicle is for some reason a five lug vehicle, which may be why the tires are larger. I never had an issue getting anything else for the vehicle, but have run into a roadblock here because they aren't standard. I'll have to pull it and check with the physical caliper if anyone has a similar 16" wheel size.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
5 lug is a bit different than the 4 lug, you might need to buy it with the caliper as well though instead of just the bracket itself if you can't go get one from a junkyard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.