Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 ls couple manual has a bad rear end and front end noise starts at 50kph (30mph) at 110kph it gets really bad almost sounds like. The CV axle shaft is vibrating in the transaxle, it doesn't change from doing ANYTHING only way to stop noise is go 120 and it fades a bit or below 50kph is fades as you go slower. One - tire. Has a broken belt I'm sure of it and the rear camber is awfull full tread. Outside and balled inside. Both rears and front is camber is perfect. And no I'm not a fan of camber at all. Tires have to be flipped if not replaced. Any help appreciated

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sounds like a few problems. I would guess hub bearings, new tires and an alignment for starters. While you are replacing the hubs, and before the alignment, check the condition of your front end parts. (End links, sway bar bushings, ball joint, tie rods, control arms and bushings, and shocks.)

Re-read your post. Are you saying your tire wear issue is happening in the rear?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my 07 LT coupe. The right side made a noise a while back. It ended up being a wheel bearing. The left started making the noise shortly after, changed the wheel bearing and the noise is still there. Thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.