Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i took my car in last week and it was diagnosed with a bad left side control arm bushing and sway bar link on the left side... that took care of the clunk.
ive had it inspected by two different shops, one of which is a tech i trust.
both gave her a clean bill of health, and told me it was a good buy.

now i am hearing a rattle coming from the front, drivers side.... and most of the time it is when im on the brakes. i can feel it in the stearing wheel...

my question is, is this what you guys are talking about with the steering wheel rattle? or should i be concerned its somthing else?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, its definately a rattle.
and its not warped rotor thru the pedal, that is a different feel..
my bro was a gm tech for years so im trained to know the difference :amazed: (and it has a wee bit of that too :p)

heres the part that is bugging me, i took the car in and had an oil change done with an inspection by the tech i trust at a GM dealership.
i would think that he would have told me if there were other parts that were loose, worn or bad. he told me it was the left side bushing and link.

i had the actual work done by a local garage, that is more convient and i have used before, right now im waiting for a copy of the invoice because there is a discrepency. they said take care of that and you should be good to go.
i didnt notice hte rattle before because of the clunk, since i got the car back ive noticed it.

it is under normal braking when i notice it more and its just a rattle like the passenger seat rattles when its not back all the way.. :blink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.