Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK!! QUESTION:::: i noticed on SSCOBALTCHICK's and others balts that the front license plate was NOT there. is that illegal? could it vary from state to state?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hhhmmmm....i wonder how i could find out if its illegal in TX

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah that would not be cool. i HATE the way the license plate looks on the front on the car...well the back too but its not that bad. so how did you get no me 4 u on your license plate? i always wanted to have my own wording, just didnt know how to go about it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Texas requires both, plus you can't have any obstruction around the plates. The police have to be able to see the word TEXAS on the plate.
Correctamundo! Although there are plenty of people rolling around here without a front plate, cops usually won't harass you about it unless you get pulled over for something else.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so are they on the back too? is that what your licence plate number is now? so its pretty much changing you lisence plate number? and what is iroc?

·
Registered
463 Posts
yeah it's on both...yeah it's just ordering a special plate for yourself. it works just the same as a regular plate. you'll pay a lot more for it every year. it's my beast of the northeast baby...lol it's a camaro

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much do they cost when you actually get new ones?

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
you call that bogus.. come to Indiana, you pay more the higher the year is.. i just paid $310 for standard old plates on my 07, and its $310 a year to renew

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i think i heard that my friend pays $12 for their plates and there custom

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pennsylvania only uses the back tag, no fronts, tags are $36 a year

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea...here in NY it is mandatory to have a front plate. I dont have mine on cause i didnt want the holes in the bumper and i think it looks good ... i just talk my way out of it everytime i get pulled over for it

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.