Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My front speakers are simultaneously cutting in and out. I've researched the topic a little already and everyone says water got in the door and to just change the speakers, but that doesn't really make sense to me. If that were the case wouldn't they be going on and off individually, not simultaneously?

·
Registered
21 Posts
My front speakers are simultaneously cutting in and out. I've researched the topic a little already and everyone says water got in the door and to just change the speakers, but that doesn't really make sense to me. If that were the case wouldn't they be going on and off individually, not simultaneously?
If they always cut out simultaneously the problem is likely either the amp (if you have the Pioneer system) or the head unit, rather than the speakers (though it doesn't hurt to replace them anyways :))

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had both my front door speakers go out with in a month of each other. Honestly wouldn't amaze me at the same exact time lol. But new speakers would be the 2nd cheapest option other than checking for voltage on the wires going to the speakers 1st.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts