Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 06 SS about a month ago for a work car. The car runs good shifts good seems to be a good reliable car that I got for a decent price. After I bought it I noticed the speakers in the front would cut in and out periodically and now they both stopped working. The rear ones still work. I thought it was odd they both quit at the same time so I’m wondering if it’s the head unit or something? I did some looking and mostly found water problems. I took the door panel off and it’s dry as a bone and no signs of water. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
They're most likey dead. The water that gets inside the door panels is a mist or a spray. So it only takes a couple hours to dry again. If your really curious how much water is getting in there. Right after a drive in the rain take a door panel off (if u have a garage). Mine went out within a couple weeks of each other. Wouldnt surprise me if they went out at the same time. Buy just 1 speaker to replace and see were it takes you. Or better yet you could use a multimeter to be even more sure

·
Say What again!
6,105 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty typical - the door panel is considered "wet", as mentioned above. It eventually kills the stock speakers - aftermarket speakers usually are considered "marine ready", so they'll survive just fine in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts