Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to put new front stock sturts on there coablt yet. I just got back from inspection and the dealership told me that I needed new front struts. I am out of warranty and they are going to charge me $590 to do the job with a alignment. I called a couple of parts stores and they cannot get the stock one yet. To new of a car. Does anyone know of a place to get the front struts.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Has anyone had to put new front stock sturts on there coablt yet. I just got back from inspection and the dealership told me that I needed new front struts. I am out of warranty and they are going to charge me $590 to do the job with a alignment. I called a couple of parts stores and they cannot get the stock one yet. To new of a car. Does anyone know of a place to get the front struts.
just splurge and get some koni's they are great you will never have to worry about strut issues again

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Extremly true ^^^ Thats what i would do

·
Registered
135 Posts
Could get FE5 struts. They are the ones that came on the SS/SC, should be readily available, and are direct bolt-ins.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Could get FE5 struts. They are the ones that came on the SS/SC, should be readily available, and are direct bolt-ins.
there isnt much of a difference..

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Banned
161 Posts
Made a hell of a difference in mine
anything is better then what you started with but if he is going to get an upgrade then goo 100% not 85% nothing against the route you went.

·
Registered
673 Posts
anything is better then what you started with but if he is going to get an upgrade then goo 100% not 85% nothing against the route you went.
If 85% will do what you need it to then there is no need to spend the extra money for 100%. Both the FE5s and the Konis are a good improvement over the LT stock struts. Either is a viable option.

·
Banned
161 Posts
If 85% will do what you need it to then there is no need to spend the extra money for 100%. Both the FE5s and the Konis are a good improvement over the LT stock struts. Either is a viable option.
your not going to see me disagree.. but fe5 tend to not last long specialy with spirited driving and eibach prolines...:)

it really all depends on what you want to do.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Are Eibach sportlines and prolines the same thing or something different altogether?
yeah. sportlines are a more agressive of a drop then prolines and its a harder ride

·
Registered
135 Posts
So would my stock FE5 shocks not work well with the sportline drop or what?
They will work, BUT they will wear out just like the regular stockers. They just aren't made for the drop that sportlines or the pro kit give.
I've had my sportlines with FE5 struts and shocks for about 16,000 miles now. No problems yet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Its not difficult you just need some special tools, like a spring compressor. If you cant get a hold of one get somebody to do it for you, its just safer.

·
Banned
161 Posts
I've had my sportlines with FE5 struts and shocks for about 16,000 miles now. No problems yet.
where do you live.. that also has a lot to do with it.. down south you dont have shitty roads..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just took my cobalt to another shop, and it passed inspection no problem. That will be that last time I visit the dealership for anything.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.