Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just replaced my strut mounts in the front and we couldnt get the stray bar links off so we ripped them off.

So is the car safe to drive the sway bar is just hanging there.

And how much are the sway bar links at GM?

Thanks.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Out of all 87 of your threads that you have started, im pretty sure I have moved about 70 of them because you do NOT think about where to post them. Please take 5 seconds and think about where a thread belongs before you post it.

So is the car safe to drive the sway bar is just hanging there.

And how much are the sway bar links at GM?
I would not drive the car with out them.

How much are they....Maybe try calling you local dealer for a price quote.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Out of all 87 of your threads that you have started, im pretty sure I have moved about 70 of them because you do NOT think about where to post them. Please take 5 seconds and think about where a thread belongs before you post it.

I would not drive the car with out them.

How much are they....Maybe try calling you local dealer for a price quote.
Actually only 5 of them so far.
Just a little hard on the weekend. lol

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Actually only 5 of them so far.
Just a little hard on the weekend. lol
Dude...seriously...enough
This is about that. I was just stating a point. And the other mods will tell you the same exact thing.

Back to the point of your thread...
Call you local auto parts store...most of them should carry them or at least be able to order them.

·
Registered
296 Posts
had mine replaced for about 80 bucks but i guess it depends on the dealer

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
you ripped them off?? lol Why didnt you just unbolt it after letting it soak a bit in some stuff to break it loose. You have to clamp it from behind when unbolting to prevent it from spinning.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Guys, guys, be easy on this person. Some people are not meant to turn wrenches. I personally work with about 300 or so of them on a daily basis, and they are "professionally" trained and have federal licenses to work on aircraft. Still does not mean they should turn a wrench though.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
nah man no joke here. with my coilovers and rear swaybar. it handles really good IMO.

but as soon as i get the money, ill be buying some adjustible endlinks. its just a temporary thing really

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
The TA car did not have a front swaybar, but it had about $14k worth of front shocks, so they did it to save weight.

Your car does not handle better without the swaybar, trust me.

Get some moog endlinks, they're like 50 bucks tops.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
i never said it handles better this way. i was saying i like how it handles. but it dont handle like complete shit tho.

but the reason i have my endlinks off are because it popped off the ball joint thing at the top and everytime id turn it would slam against my fender and make lots of noise. im in no hurry to buy new ones cause like i said, it dont make the car handle like shit. plus i have other things i need to replace that are more important than endlinks

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyways, when were trying to remove the sway link link and we tried using Metric and Standard wrenches in the middle of it and used an impact and no wrench fit.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Anyways, when were trying to remove the sway link link and we tried using Metric and Standard wrenches in the middle of it and used an impact and no wrench fit.
Just a quick question...How much mechanical experience do you have? In my experience you never never NEVER use something like an impact gun on something if you don't have the correct socket. Nor do use an impact to put on a nut until you are sure it'll thread by hand first, otherwise you WILL, one day, DESTROY SOMETHING...Trust me man, I know its a hassle sometimes, but please please please use handtools from now on...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.