Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale my rear tail lights. I am selling them because they are causing me problems with being pulled over. I just got a $114 ticket on Wednesday for them and another $114 ticket for my exhaust. I love how they make my car look, but it is just not worth the headache of being pulled over and it is not worth it in the pocket. I am asking for $50+shipping I paid $90 for them. They have been on the car for about 6 months. They are in good shape, but on one of them there is a scratch because I dropped one of them, but when they are installed you can't see the scratch.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
omg... very tempting...but if ur gettin crap in FL about them, then i KNOW ill get crap in VA about em...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I considered keeping them, but the thought of another $114 ticket is enough to make me take them off.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
yea ive been pulled over and warned by a state trooper but thats it, never been pulled over by my local cops for anything.

free bump!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
blah no way. ive got tinted taillights, headlights, and tints on my windows. Never have i been pulled over for any of these. Ever. and ive drven right behind, infront and next to cops many times.

And thats a real good price, i think i paid like 65+ shipping for a set of used taillights and they werent tinted.

free bump for a good price.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^I agree, you are lucky. I guess it really depends on the cop. I have driven in front of my local, county, and state police before as well. However, this time I was not so lucky. I really don't want to chance it again. I don't have extra money like that to keep paying tickets because I want to keep them. Like I said before I love how they look, but they gots to go.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
^^that's what I want to know^^^

cuz I have aftermarket LED tails that are smoked and they are DOT approved meaning that they are legal in all of the US.

click my garage for comparison pics

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are manufactured already tinted.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
huh, well if they are DOT approved then they are 50 state legal.
I tried to explain to the cop that you can still see them when I step on the break. He said Florida state law says that you cannot shade your tail lights.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I know this is getting off topic, but I am trying to save you some grief from a cop that may possibly be retarded lol. My aftermarket tails that are tinted say right in the lense that they are D.O.T. approved. that means that by law they are 50 state legal. if your taillights have that in the lense you can take it to court and I don't see any reason why you would lose. but I don't live in Florida so don't take my word for it. but I feel pretty confident in what I am saying.

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
yesterday, at like 630am (it was still dark) i was goin down the highway on my way to work, and a state trooper was behind me, runnin my speed and i have tinted tails(pretty dark, especialy at night) and i didnt get any crap.(kow) just depends on waht kinda mood the cop is in. ha free bump and for a great price!! a can of niteshade costs half that.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
lol, at least he's honest though. I would consider buying them but I already have my LED smoked ones haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
thats weird that you got pulled over for that. i'm in northern florida (fort walton beach area) and everyone and their mom has smoked tail lights. i guess cops up here just dont care

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.