Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference between the GM fuel filter and the Fram or other filters that you can get at Autozone or Advance or O'Reilly's? The dealer wants $85 for their filter and cannot seem to jsutify the extra $70 that the parts stores are selling the Frams for.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
no. if there is a difference, it's bad. i skimmed your post and know exactly what you're saying. i deal with cars every day. trust me, your fuel pump and regulator is what matters up until the injectors. that leaves your filter in between. as long as it's clean and flows sufficiently you're not improving or decreasing anything at all

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Exactly. I mean the GM filter may last a little longer, but it's not like Fram is a generic house brand or anything.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
we use fram at the shop, but always delco on gm cars. delco parts are cheap as aftermarket and just as easily obtainable. our cars are built on delco, why not fix them with delco?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Fram oil filters suck major butt, we did a test on the filters between Fram, Mobil 1, Pure 1, and Amsoil. Fram let a bunch and I mean a bunch of particles through the filter into the oil, mobil 1 let some particles through, Pure 1 and Amsoil there were no particles that got through the filter into the oil.

(Particles - Dirt, Grime, things like that)

However I do not know anything about the fuel filters but for the love of your cobalt and engines DO NOT USE FRAM OIL FILTERS unless you want to Seafoam them every other month... Just my 2 cents!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.