Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cobalt is a 2006 and it feels like it isn't getting all the fuel that it should be when I put the pedal down. Once the rpms get around 3000ish plus and im trying to accelerate it kind of stumbles and jerks a little. Every once in awhile while driving steadily the car will jerk like I am taking my foot off the pedal and then pressing it again repeatedly. It goes away after a min or so but I'd still like to know what the problem would be so I can fix it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
kinda doubt a fuel filter since we use fuel pump modules and a strainer is attached to it versus a filter. Its an all in one deal electric pump.

I would start with your APP sensor (accelerator pedal position) since it communicates with your PCM and electric throttle body (no longer cable driven). Your throttle plate may have debris or may get stuck and cause a choke/hiccup from time to time. If its not that then try for your IAC sensor (Idler Air Control) if our cobalts use them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't forget about Injectors. Depending on how low you usually let your fuel drop, could have gotten some crap in the lines and be clogging the injectors. Think about this also, the new fuel we have nowadays, 10% Ethanol crap, our cars aren't made for, so it hurts the fuel system. I would recommend fuel system cleaner at least once a month. I do, and have no issues in the fuel system at all. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You know that the Lucas brand Fuel injector treatment has been tested to not do anything really good to clean the injectors. For best fuel injection cleaner, see a stealership, they have better stuff than what any parts store can offer.

I would pull out your intake tubing to the throttle body and eyeball it for any debris or dirt/grime on the actual throttle plate. If there is any buildup, that will cause hesitation and hiccups on throttle response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.