Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuel Pump??? Electrical Issue??

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cobaltune 
#1 ·
I have a 07 Chevy Cobat Lt coupe. 108k. Drove The car saturday night with no issues, let it sit all day sunday, went to start it up monday evening and it wouldnt start. It seemed as if the battery was dead so i had it jumped it started up fine, we also checked all the fuse's to make sure nothing was pulling alot of Juice while the car was off and we found nothing, also checked the battery and alternator and there fine, i drove it a lil bit and noticed the motor bogged down alot when i would apply the brakes, didnt think much of it at the time...i figured the AC (we're having issues with it as well) brought it back home let it set all day tuesday, went to start it up this evening (wednesday) and its doing the same thing. It is possible that i did get some bad gas which is making me think it might be the fuel pump but as i said i did have to have a jump to get the car to start. so any help solving the issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

#2 ·
I would start by cleaning the connectors at the battery and especially the ones @ the boost post. Remove boost post and clean wire tabs or lugs.

#4 ·
Fuel filter won't stop starter from turning....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.