1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i dont know. if i wana get that one now. because i found a weapon R intake
i dont know much about them though
does any one know anything bout em

·
Registered
36 Posts
becareful buying it off of ebay tho i did that and every hose clamp and even the air filter were the wrong size the tubing fit fine but the rubber between i had to fight with to get on the car

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i read that the weapon r was poorley designed and all that. i just saw it on nopi.com because it was added in the past week. but i think ill get a k&n injen or AEM but not sure
also i have no clue at all if i have a SAI
-----Added 13 Nov 2008 at 09:28:01-----
also isn't the weapon r mounted so the filter is going down or something and all you see is the piping. i just want a decent intake where it isn't mounted weird and mounted do i can see the filter to change it whenever changing is needed. im somewhat thinking to go with the K&N. but not sure
so let me know what one is best and ill want to get

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also isn't the weapon r mounted so the filter is going down or something and all you see is the piping. i just want a decent intake where it isn't mounted weird and mounted do i can see the filter to change it whenever changing is needed. im somewhat thinking to go with the K&N. but not sure
so let me know what one is best and ill want to get

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
well this is just my opinion and really depends on what you want. the k&n is only a SRI and is made by a great reliable company. i have it and love it and i believe its the only intake thats made for cobalts with or without the SAI. if you dont have it you just cap off the spot for it.

the injen is another great choice because for the same price, you can run it either as a SRI or a CAI.

and the aem is made by another decent company but i believe its only a CAI

as far as telling wether yours has the SAI system or not, heres how you can tell. it will have a big extra line coming off your stock airbox, and youll have a spot on top of your exhaust manifold in the center of it for the air valve. if your still unsure post a pic of your intake and we can tell you

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heres the pic of the intake

would you be able to send me links of K&n or injen that will work for my car which is a 08 because i dont wana buy the wrong thing

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yes you have the SAI, Therefore you can only use the K&N. ill add a link to this post in a minute where i got mine for the cheapest price and free shipping

ok heres the site. they have free shipping all the time but if you wait until the closing weeks approaching christmas, they will have promo codes that give you discounts. they dont have any up yet so the price is like $283. when i ordered mine closer to christmas i ended up getting it for like $230 with free shipping. just keep an eye on their promo codes

http://www.ajusa.com/details/index/138/KNF/13162/0/0/0/KNF 69-4515TS/0/0/COBALT; 2.2L L4 F||I

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gotcha. so i couldn't use aem or injen or anything like that? since i have a SAI
-----Added 15 Nov 2008 at 07:41:07-----
i know there wont be any problems with my edging after hooking this up but if i was to bring my car to Chevrolet for like service or something they wont void it right. i mean i don't plan to bring it there anytime soon for engine service i mean only time i plan on bringing it there is when i need a oil change because 1st one is free since its brand new. but they wont tell me anything like if you get a light the warranty is voided.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know there wont be any problems with my edging after hooking this up but if i was to bring my car to Chevrolet for like service or something they wont void it right. i mean i don't plan to bring it there anytime soon for engine service i mean only time i plan on bringing it there is when i need a oil change because 1st one is free since its brand new. but they wont tell me anything like if you get a light the warranty is voided.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
unfortunately, since you have the SAI, you cant use the injen, aem or even the fujita or weapon r. K&N is the only company that made an intake for this. but youll love it. trust me. ive had mine on for almost 3 years now. and they have been around for ever and are a reliable company.

as far as going to the dealer with it on. they might say something or they might not. some dealers are a$$holes about things are some are cool. but if its not warranty work and just an oil change or something like that they probably wont say anything.

now on the other hand, if you ever have to take it in for warranty work they may ask you to put your stock intake on before they touch it. or you can do that before you take it in for warranty work. but you dont have to. and they might try and tell you that it will void your warranty (they do this with any mod you do actually) but there is a law about this and the only way an aftermarket part can void your warranty is if it is the cause of the problem and they have to have proof to back it up. they cant just say "oh it was your intake that made your tranny fail so you have to fix it yourself because you voided your warranty". they tried telling me that a malfunction in my HVAC control was from me having my interior dash trim painted. lol yeah right. so just dont let them try and pull anything over your eyes

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i know everything bout the whole if something breaks and the intake caused it the warrenty would be voided. and i don't plan to go in anytime soon for warrenty because i don't expect anything to go wrong.. also if i did have a problem and needed warrenty service i would put the stock intake back on there for i wouldn't have any problems. so is that the same with the exhaust like if i was to get the tsudo exhaust. i was thinking bout getting it because its cheap and doesn't sound that bad and i also dont have 800 ish for a decent catback.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i wouldnt worry about the exhaust when you take it in for anything. they might hassle you a little if you have one of those dealerships that are a$$holes but it wont void anything. and if your car had a serious problem that it needed warranty work, it wouldnt be from putting a catback on it so your ok there also.

yea if you dont have like 650-800 for a catback and you dont want to get a custom one made, a lot of people seem to like the tsudo catback. but something to keep in mind when you do your exhaust, if you can do it all at once. buy a better DP or get one made, add a highflow cat. a header is always nice but it needed that could wait

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i mean only being 17 is kinda hard to push a shit load of money in, yeah i work but i work at a carwash and last 2 weeks have been pretty **** getting like no hours. n i just started a bank acct where parts of my check go in and all. i have like 200 in it so far ive made a lot more but blew most of it but now im strictly saving because im going to get that intake soon once i have more than enough money in my acct with out dumping it all and having no money in there.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
unfortunately, since you have the SAI, you cant use the injen, aem or even the fujita or weapon r. K&N is the only company that made an intake for this.

You can actually use an AEM Cold Air Intake, I have the SAI and have an AEM Cold Air Intake. Works out great nice sound and power.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
unfortunately, since you have the SAI, you cant use the injen, aem or even the fujita or weapon r. K&N is the only company that made an intake for this.

You can actually use an AEM Cold Air Intake, I have the SAI and have an AEM Cold Air Intake. Works out great nice sound and power.
really? do you have the link to where you got it?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The only problem with the SAI is that you have to do something with the tube that goes from the pump to the air filter box (SAI air inlet tube). K+N intakes have a nipple that you attach it too. All you need is filtered air -- if you have some mechanical skills you could install your own nipple, preferably between the filter and the MAF sensor, and connect the SAI inlet tube to it.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.