Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 LS

Been awhile since I have been on here last. Shoot, they hadn't even come out with the TC cobalt yet...Looks like this site has come a long ways and everyone has the cobalt upgrades dialed in lol.

Anyways on to my question. I installed one of those el' cheapo fart cans a few years back which actually sounds better IMO then all those fancy exhaust systems (very deep tone), which I have been looking into. I see ebay offers some full bolt on exhaust systems that include the header all the way back to the exhaust tip for around $250. This seems extremely cheap to me but is this how much they are going for? And is this a decent upgrade over the stock exhaust?

Here is a link to an ebay add that I am talking about: 3 5" Burnt Tip Catback Cat Back Manifold Header Exhaust 05 07 Chevy Cobalt 2 2L | eBay

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It's good if you either spend a bit more and get the Tsudo exhaust. I'd personally get the ZZP though for not too much more.

Or buy that and change out the muffler. Keep in mind that doesn't come with a downpipe and this header just got a good review on CSS.
Stainless Racing Header Manifold Downpipe Exhaust 05 10 Chevy Cobalt SS ion 2 0L | eBay
That's a fake cat BTW so you'll need a tune with it. It's a copy of the ZZP long tube. You'll also want stock gaskets not what come with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
#1 that tsudo on the scion sounds and looks SEXYYYY.

#2 Why are all cobalt exhausts ugly

#3 Why does the cobalt exhaust sound so bad and wimpy...

#4 That is what my el' cheapo fart can sounds like in the video on that ebay link

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I bought the EBay catback.

I replaced the muffler, which is the problem.

Get a higher quality muffler. I had a Borla Pro XS welded on. Very mellow note. No rasp or whimpy noise for a N/A 2.2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.