1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres what i spent my week-end doing

With out lights

With lights

only cost me about 40 bucks and a tone of time :) cant really notice that i meshed the fog light area.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mesh bumpers FTW!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Very nice, i like how you did the full bumper, not just the upper piece. Thumbs up

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sexy car...I love the headlights....What kind of mesh did you use?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Looks good man

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i removed the amber lens for the turn signals and painted the inside of my headlights to match my body color. Also it was stucco mesh from lowes for like 7 bucks i had more then enought
to do all three grills. Sucks having the LTZ and having to mesh around the chrome as you can see in the WIP pic.The fogs i didnt cut, i wanted too but i just taped off that area and painted black and then cleared it and same with the bottom middle grill. for the bottom grills i just cut tabs to line up with the tabs on the bumper from the old plastic grills folded in and j.d. weld (epoxy) them on the inside
If i have too froms stone chips i can pop the fogs out and tape my bumper off and paint it over agian on the car.

BEFORE

WIP

AFTER

·
Registered
178 Posts
do you have any closer pics of each grill... it looks like you put the mesh on the outside of the bottom ones. i am in the process of doing mine. but cutting out the insides is a little diff than the uppers. the metal part behind the lower outside grills did you paint that instead of the metal being white?

·
Registered
51 Posts
i really want to know how you got into the head lamps to remove the amber lense. i would appreciate it,

thanks,

marcus

(Fast Inc.)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
what do you guys think about a mesh grill on a black balt? Should i still do a black mesh, or the silver looking one, or just notdo it at all?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i meshed it on the outside for all three bottom openings on the bumper when you pop out the plastic you nocite there are notch's on the bumper where the tabs on the stock plastic pieces are. I left those ares longer like tabs and folded them behind the bumper in those area's and used JD WELD epoxy to hold it on the inside of the bump. I also taped off and spray painted those opening with black and painted the mesh black so it wasn't noticable. The top mesh grill i painted silver but it looks white. It was a pain in the ass doing the top grill since i have a LTZ and it has that chrome trim, because where the lt and ls have that solid bar going across with the chevy symbol mine did not so i had to put alittle more effort in to gettin the mesh to sit right. And on the bright side i mean the mesh for the fogs chipd alittle since from stones but nothing crazy. project took me some times since i had to take the bumper off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its kinda chessy but you dont really notice but i left them in the normal location and meshed in front of them. the fogs are so bright you dont even really notice that the mesh is in front unless you examine it. i'll try to get a few more close ups for ya.

typo13 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
178 Posts
but i dont know where you mounted them. i can see that they are behind the mesh but where did you mesh them. i cant figure out where to mount them

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i hate to assume but i assume you dont have factory fogs installed? my fogs are stock and came with my car. so if you dont have stock fogs you got alot of work casue then you have to cut the corners of the bumper out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
well let me post some pics... there is a place for factory ones... but doesnt look like there is anywhere "factory" to mount them. i have the grills out now and am doing some clean up work right now. gonna paint them to color match. just letting some epoxy filler harden now so i can sand and get a nice uniform clean shape with no gaps. check out a thread in interior called "full grill in progress" will post some pics in there...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.