Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 G5 GT and want to swap the cluster out for the SS 160. From what I understand, I need one from an '07+, correct? Also what would the part numbers be for the SS cluster? I know Coby posted them some time ago, but I can't find em.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just go on GMpartsgiant.com and look for Instrument panel for SS for 2007. And I do believe you will need to go newer for the 160

·
Registered
589 Posts
you will need the SS cluster from a 07 Supercharged to be safe. I know 05 and 06 are interchangeable. 8-10 are interchangeable. going by the blackcat custom gage face page, they ask you to select which option when ordering a replacement gage face. they ask if its supercharged or turbocharged. while both clusters go to 160mph and look identical, the speed marks (50, 60, 70, 80 etc...) may be laid out closer or farther apart which would mean the needle pots may be calibrated differently. otherwise, i'm not sure why they'd ask you to select which one you are replacing. In the end, you may be able to use a cluster from 07 and up but I'd want to be sure ,my speedo is accurate.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I bought an '07 SS cluster and put in, but I've lost all my DIC controls except for outside temp and the odometer. So I'm thinking either it's the wrong year or there's something else going on.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check the back for a speaker you might have received an older cluster.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I t does have a speaker on it. I'm getting double chimes. I can hear it from the door and the cluster.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you get double chimes it's an 05-06 and it has the speaker.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I figured. :/ Now my stock GT cluster has that little vent on it too but doesn't chime. My chimes come through the door speaker. I did find an '09 SS cluster on CSS, would that work?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Not a vent it is the speaker outlet. Yep it should but verify GM number to make sure.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Some early 07 still have position for speaker but it's not there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, okay. I was trying to figure why my stock would have a speaker. What do you mean by check the GM number? The part numbers?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes, once you have the part number of the seller item, check with GMpartsgiant.com to see if this part is compatible with your VIN.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.