Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the front/rear bumper from a G5 GT will work on an 08 cobalt sedan?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
They have the same fenders,same lights and same hood so you would think yes, why are you ashamed of the bowtie?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
The only difference is the grille on the front bumper which can be cut out so you dont have that ugly pontiac arrow. So shameful they shut down!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not ashamed of the bowtie, I just may have found a front/rear bumper from a G5 GT with the foglights and the lower stance, in color, for a great price

it looks like there is an opening for the grille (there's no insert) I wonder if I could put the chevy grille in there

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

any idea if the rear bumper from a G5 coupe bolts up to the cobalt sedan?

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

here is a photo of the front bumper in question:

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/jignaczak/g5frontbumper.jpg

not the best photo, but gives you the idea...

I'm thinking that maybe I could just get this grille...

05-10 Chevrolet Cobalt Chrome Grille GM New 12499902 | eBay

or this:

05-09 CHEVY COBALT LS LT LTZ FRONT GRILLE GRILL 06 07 | eBay

does anyone know if that will work?

it would be great if both front and rear bumpers would work, but I'd be happy with just the front

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
lol I looked at that bumper! Yeah the front should fit fine and I would personally find a store that sells a roll of mesh and just bolt it in from the back of the bumper than spending $100 on a new one that has the bowtie, but you can. the rear bumper I'm not positive about but I think the coupe will not fit the sedan, but dont quote me. I'll do a little searching, work is boering right now.... actually all day I've been on here!

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/interior-exterior-styling/21052-will-ss-coupe-bumpers-fit-sedan.html

BOOM! Answer is no on the rear bumper

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was kinda figuring that, I know the Cobalt sedan and coupes have drastically different rear bumpers and taillights, but the g5 has a really close look on the rear between the coupe and sedan,

I think I'm going to pop the guy an offer on the front bumper, anyone have a spare lip laying around?

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

I found this grille on eBay, but I don't think it's really cobalt, anyone else chime in?

2008 CHEVY COBALT FRONT GRILLE OEM

2008 CHEVY COBALT FRONT GRILLE OEM | eBay

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I'm telling you it's a waste of money but $34 isn't bad. I would check with a salvage yard first, that would be cheaper.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand what you are saying, and I appriciate it, but I'm looking for as factory of an apperance as possible...so I would perfer to get a factory grille, my current one uses the bar across the front bumper cover as the trim (where the bowtie mounts) but that grille looks a little different from the other cobalt grilles...is there something I'm missing?

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

also, has anyone ever added the foglights to their cobalts, what all would I need to physically mount them.. I can easily figure out the wiring

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
I understand what you are saying, and I appriciate it, but I'm looking for as factory of an apperance as possible...so I would perfer to get a factory grille, my current one uses the bar across the front bumper cover as the trim (where the bowtie mounts) but that grille looks a little different from the other cobalt grilles...is there something I'm missing?

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

also, has anyone ever added the foglights to their cobalts, what all would I need to physically mount them.. I can easily figure out the wiring
That looks like the correct grille, it goes it behind the bumper, the colored cross-beam is on the bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.