Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, I have no idea about anything really. but I was looking to get a new stereo for my cobalt, something I could hook my ipod into.

I've looked around and from what I gather, I will need to buy some kind of adapter plus all the things you need when changing decks or whatever.

anyway, a buddy of mine got a new stereo put in his g5 and his old one has the aux input and I'm thinking there shouldn't be a problem but who knows. just thought I would make sure beforehand.

would be a lot cheaper and an fm transmitter is only so good haha

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yup.. will fit. The G5 face is black and the Balt is silver. Will need his unlock code to enter after install.

GTO 1

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
alright, I have no idea about anything really. but I was looking to get a new stereo for my cobalt, something I could hook my ipod into.

I've looked around and from what I gather, I will need to buy some kind of adapter plus all the things you need when changing decks or whatever.

anyway, a buddy of mine got a new stereo put in his g5 and his old one has the aux input and I'm thinking there shouldn't be a problem but who knows. just thought I would make sure beforehand.

would be a lot cheaper and an fm transmitter is only so good haha
Actually you can't. THe stereo's with the AUX imput have a different wiring harness. I'm sure you could splice it in directly, but i wouldn't cut up the harness on a new car.
Yup.. will fit. The G5 face is black and the Balt is silver. Will need his unlock code to enter after install.

GTO 1
Both cars have both color stereo's

·
Registered
720 Posts
Actually you can't. THe stereo's with the AUX imput have a different wiring harness. I'm sure you could splice it in directly, but i wouldn't cut up the harness on a new car.
Someone attempted this and made a list of what wires were for what, but there were still problems with the radio just not working. If you have an 05-06, you can only use 05-06 radio's. If you have an 07 radio, you can only use an 07 radio...I don't know if 08+ are the same as 07 or not (I think they are, but can't guarantee anything as I haven't seen the back of them).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.