Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was asked to do a how to about my tails... so here it goes...for warning i dont have pics for all steps.
first off i removed the red lens from my stock G5 tail lights by actually boiling them in water to soften up the adhesive. (sorry dont have a pic for this step)
i then painted the inside housing of the lights black and dremmel'd out the center of the lights to look like this:

while the paint was drying i had a stock set of cobalt tails that i tinted with VHT nightshade

then all there was to do was properly fit it.. i needed to ad a screw to the outer tip of the light housing to hold it tight. At the end the lights should turn out like this:

i decided to this mod on my car because there arnt any after market tails for the coupe G5, i like the look, and nobody else has anything like these.. but now if you want you can have them to lol

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
SWEET!

It's like a headlight retrofit for your tails. I was going to just have the tails professionally done with some basic black/clear mixture like I did on my GTP tint wise...but this looks PRETTY damn nice instead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That looks pretty damn sweet, ive been trying to do that but reverse and get a G5 trunk on my balt and just re mount my reverse lights somewhere but i havent been able to find an affordable trunk and i have other priorities first .. but damn i think it looks sick how it came out

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
looks good.

a clear lens to go over everything would touch it up a little bit better. as it kinda looks obv you pulled the lens off

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
nice dude. good work i like it alottt.
it will look alot cleaner with a clear lense.
but how would you get clear?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol your not the only one who wants me to do theirs.... i want to make sure that i can do them for the sedan first... ill let you know how they work out if i can make them work for you

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.