Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanting some input...

On the G5 GT '09...is the suspension the same as the Cobalt SS? Or the same as the standard Cobalts...I was just trying to buy some springs for the Cobalt since they are easier to find and figured they are the same car that the suspension might as well be the same.

TIA

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I want to say it's FE3 stuff?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to say it's FE3 stuff?
Ok, so assuming it is...are FE3 Springs different than the FE1 (I think thats what it is) on my '07 LT...but I plan on putting on FE5 Struts when we do the springs anyways...I didn't know if the springs were the same on all the models or not...I know the SS' are different which is why I was wondering if I could just snag up some 'Balt SS/SC Springs for it.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I think they might be slightly different, but FE5 is the way to go. '08+ FE5 to be specific. So SS/TC struts, shocks and springs is a helluva combo.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The only differences that I know of between the SE and GT (and LS/LT and SS 2.4) are these:

-FE3 has different rear shocks, same front struts
-FE3 has bigger front and rear sway bars (by a few mm. maybe 2 or 3?)
-FE3 springs are the same as FE1
-FE3 has a different steering box/rack/whatever...its noticeably heavier and more solid-feeling than the FE1
-FE3 has the 17" rims with 205/50/R17 rubber. Stock is Pirelli P6 A/S

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
G5 (Base): FE1
G5 GT: FE3

There was never a factory FE5 option for the G5.

Anyways, for replacing springs/struts/shocks, go with the 2008+ FE5 from the SS/TC for the replacement. If you want the best setup, go with the FE5 struts/shocks and Pedders springs. Crate Engine Depot has a package already put together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.