Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What parts other that bumper, taillights, reverse lights would I need to swap to a g5 coupe rearend. If any g5 guys are thinking the opposite we could work something out......lol.....seriously though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
What parts other that bumper, taillights, reverse lights would I need to swap to a g5 coupe rearend. If any g5 guys are thinking the opposite we could work something out......lol.....seriously though.
trunk lid too unless you want 2 sets of reverse lights. If you want the lower lip (for either G5GT or Cobalt SS) you'll also need new rear inner fender liners.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i forgot to type the trunk. so the tails use the same holes, the same wiring harness? i was just thinking base rear. i do want a lip kit so it will work on the base down the road. i just like the taillights much more.

·
Registered
589 Posts
yeah i forgot to type the trunk. so the tails use the same holes, the same wiring harness? i was just thinking base rear. i do want a lip kit so it will work on the base down the road. i just like the taillights much more.
Yep. They both use the same body mounting holes and wire harness plugs. You'll have to reroute and lengthen the reverse light wires. I read those were also the same type if plug. If not, rock auto has plug ends

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I doubt any G5 owner wants a cobalt rearend, seriously though, looks ugly.
Hey that was just a shot in the dark. If I dont like it, but there may be 1 or 2 guys thinking about it. There are like 120,000 of them out there.......but I am not optimistic of a trade. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.