Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know Yc does not condone street racing and I don't either. I received a challenge from a coworker that drives an 04-06 SE-R. My 5 is fully bolted/trifecta tuned auto with engine/tranny mounts. The only mod that I know the Sentra has is a fart can.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this potential race. It probably won't happen anyway. This guy has been eyeing my car for months and finally opened his mouth :laugh:

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Well, I think it will be an even event and it will come down to the driver. In stock form both cars are about equil in weight, hp and tq. He is a few hundred pds. lighter and has a few hp over you in stock form. You probally with your bolts on's and tune have I would say 10 to 15 hp over him. But it could come down to your suspension setups and your tires. If both of you are good drivers someone will win by a nose.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I think it will be an even event and it will come down to the driver. In stock form both cars are about equil in weight, hp and tq. He is a few hundred pds. lighter and has a few hp over you in stock form. You probally with your bolts on's and tune have I would say 10 to 15 hp over him. But it could come down to your suspension setups and your tires. If both of you are good drivers someone will win by a nose.
is the sentra manual or auto
Its' a manual.

·
Registered
212 Posts
being an ex spec V owner, i can tell you, that if it's the same driver it will be pretty close. Also, there is quite some difference between the SE-R specV and just se-r. There is about 15 hp (at the crank) difference. And the Spec has a close ratio tranny, so it's actually not the same ratio, plus stiffer suspension setup,. If he has the Spec V and assuming you auto doesn't drag you down too much and he is a half competent driver (with wheels no bigger than 17s) it will be neck to neck.

Why don't you guys just bring it to the drag strip?

just be safe out there!

·
Registered
931 Posts
my votes for neck and neck... only thing is hes got more gears to play with..

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I lost to a cammed 2.0, full exhaust, intake, performance clutch, Manuel 97 SER, by a car and 1/2 but i gave up he was still pullin strong on me im a 2.2 with intake and exhaust, we just did it for the hell of it. I think it should be close though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.