Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have their garage floor coated? I'm thinking about getting my new garage floor epoxy coated or something so that it's easy to clean up spills and my floor doesn't get all covered in stains.

I don't know what to buy. From reviews online that ucoat system and other roll on systems don't seem to work because they just peel after a year or two. I want something that's going to last.

Any opinions or ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got mine done by a company called Zenith Home Finishes, its a little expensive but it is a great floor coating. They went up my stairs and also went up the walls where the concrete is. After they put the epoxy down they put a chemical resistant coating on it. So far I have spilled oil and coolant on it and it wipes right up easily doesn't stain or damage the floor.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm expecting $4.25/sq.ft

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought Rustoleum Epoxy Shield from Home Depot. I applied it last summer. The only thing is I rushed to get it done and some spots are peeling. This is only because I didn't let the concrete dry completely before painting. The rest of the floor still looks great. I think if I had let the floor dry out another day it would have turned out way better. Maybe apply a clear coat to it just for extra protection. One other thing is that you're not supposed to park a car with hot tires on it for a while. I hope this info is helpful.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is. I'm still going to do it, just had to push it off a bit because the lawyer messed up on the closing costs and I ended up paying $5000 more than I was initially told

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.