Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everytime I fill up my car I do the whole click click click thing with the gas cap. But after a certain amount of time the CEL comes on. So whenever it comes on feel the gas cap and its on there all the way then I click a few more times. And then after that it goes off after about 20 miles. What the hell is happening...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey do you still have your stock headlights? And if you do do you want to sell them

·
Registered
52 Posts
Get a new gas cap. Sometimes the seal goes. If it still happens, get an OBD2 reader and check the codes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My balt has done that to me already but doesnt throw a CEL it just says CHECK GAS CAP on the information center . Bought a new cap from the local dealer for $21.00 and it hasnt done it since.. also I dont think your cap should click more than once when you turn it . if it does you have forced on and are grinding away the plastic teeth that lock your cap making it more loose .

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Also make sure the lip of your filler neck hasn't started to rust. If it has stick a rag in hole and run a fine steel wool on lip until nice and smooth then dab a little grease on lip and gas cap seal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.