Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over three months ago I got the recall for the fuel module assembly because my car was leaking gas but now I just filled up my tank and its reading only 3/4 of a tank. Is this the fuel sending unit going bad? And if it is is it covered by this recall that I just got done not too long ago?

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
A little over three months ago I got the recall for the fuel module assembly because my car was leaking gas but now I just filled up my tank and its reading only 3/4 of a tank. Is this the fuel sending unit going bad? And if it is is it covered by this recall that I just got done not too long ago?
I'm not too sure if its the same but for my blazer the gas gauge didn't work and to fix it required dropping the tank

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the gauge is going down slowly like normal so is the sending unit actually bad because its working but when I fill it up it will only go to 3/4 of a tank and stay there until I actually use 1/4 of a tank and then it works like normal.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Your fuel level sensor is going out, possibly some corrosion build up or resistance in the sensor/circuit back to your PCM. If you have any time to pull the fuel module out of the fuel tank, you can check the leveler (looks like a bar of soap with a metal rod going to a indicator level). See if you have any debris in the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.